• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is Pokemon still your favorite franchise

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
4 months ago#1
Fav video game franchise - Results (31 votes)
Absolutely! ^_^
22.58% (7 votes)
Heck no. Not anymore.
22.58% (7 votes)
It never was.
38.71% (12 votes)
SHUT ThE f*** UP
16.13% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Poll
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

User Info: 99999PoKemon

99999PoKemon
4 months ago#2
I love Pokémon forever!

User Info: SeiK0

SeiK0
4 months ago#3
Zelda > Pokémon
Russisch Roulette mit dem Typen, der uns die Zukunft bringt
Ich such das Versteck, wo ich Selbstvertrauen und Zuflucht find

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
4 months ago#4
No, but that change occurred a few years ago well before yesterday's bombshell. But if this is the direction the series is taking, Pokemon's stock will have fallen even further with me and sadly out of my group of favorite games. At least I'll be able to enjoy the old games still.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: Tedmastr

Tedmastr
4 months ago#5
It has historically been my favorite series, and the announcement doesn’t change the fact that thanks to nostalgia, many of my favorite childhood memories have to do with the older games. Even if I play newer games in other franchises that are technically superior, have more content, etc., nostalgia still wins out.

That said, I’ve been unhappy about the direction of the series for years now (the whole 3DS era has been a downhill slide). And the Pokédex announcement pretty much takes the moment I hate most in Pokémon franchise history (the initial RS release and the gen 2 to 3 reboot of sorts, before Colosseum and FRLG started to fill in the gaps), and points to it bein the future of Pokémon. So it’s hard to say how I will rank the series in the future.

Chances are, Pokémon will remain on top, with a caveat excluding certain games. After all, Paper Mario is still my second favorite series, but only when taking into account the first two games, and none of the subsequent ones. But if I write a list of favorite Nintendo franchises, I pretty much always list it as number 2.
3DS FC: 2466-2669-5197
IGN Teddy; TSV: 2442 (X); 0616 (Y); 3854 (OR); 1359 (AS)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is Pokemon still your favorite franchise
  • Topic Archived