• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I think it's pretty funny how keen people are on preserving their old pokemon.

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
1 week ago#1
Unless you're a competive nut that spent hours upon hours breeding/EV training then I don't really see why you would care that much.

Are you really going to use that Level 100 Ho-Oh in your ingame campaign? I fail to see the point.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
1 week ago#2
Except that people HAVE spent hours breeding/EV training, and not for competitive purposes, but for fun. Getting them to that level is fun for a lot of people, even if they never use them. People have shinnies that they never plan to use, they just likes the colors. Other's have near totally unusable Pokémon like Farfatch'd and Dunsparce as favorites, just because they think they're cute or weird. They are many people who have full breeding sets of Pokémon (1 male and a female (or gender unknown) with each available ability) that they never plan on actually breeding with, they just like collecting them. The fact is, each person's older Pokémon represents literally years of their lives, and how would you feel if people told you those years were utterly worthless?
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: fatdebby321

fatdebby321
1 week ago#3
the fact that i cant bring over my shiny lopunny my very first shiny, i was never this lucky so i dont want to give this up.
Vote Fate and Zatanna for Injustice 2

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 week ago#4
Pokemon with unique moves
Unique event pokemon that carry memories
Pokemon that are extremely rare like mew
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

Expa0
1 week ago#5
Well I used to have a 100% save of FF9 but there is no benefit from that in any other entry in the series either, ie my time spent there was "worthless".

Aside from the competive aspect of it I don't really see why it needs to be any different for Pokemon.

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 week ago#6
GuitaristMatt posted...
Pokemon with unique moves
Unique event pokemon that carry memories
Pokemon that are extremely rare like mew

Ok, if you haven’t had a mew by now then idk what to tell you, it’s one of the most distributed Pokémon ever lol
Lately I've been coming home, crawling up into a ball and staring at the ceiling for an hour. Then I sleep.

User Info: sean434

sean434
1 week ago#7
CardTamer posted...
The fact is, each person's older Pokémon represents literally years of their lives, and how would you feel if people told you those years were utterly worthless?

I mean, they are.

User Info: Kaleesi

Kaleesi
1 week ago#8
"Yeah, f*** everyone who worked hard to preserve their 16 year collection. Doesn't apply to ME, so not MY problem."

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
1 week ago#9
Expa0 posted...
Well I used to have a 100% save of FF9 but there is no benefit from that in any other entry in the series either, ie my time spent there was "worthless".

Aside from the competive aspect of it I don't really see why it needs to be any different for Pokemon.

Final Fantasy is a totally different type of game than Pokemon. Each Final Fantasy is more like a stand-alone movie that's part of a series.

The whole point of the series is collecting Pokémon.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

Expa0
1 week ago#10
CardTamer posted...
They are many people who have full breeding sets of Pokémon (1 male and a female (or gender unknown) with each available ability) that they never plan on actually breeding with, they just like collecting them.

And if collecting is literally all you care about then you can just stick them in Pokemon Home. There they can stay neatly organized.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I think it's pretty funny how keen people are on preserving their old pokemon.
  • Topic Archived