• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How did today impact your overall opinion/hype for Sword/Shield?

User Info: HueyFreman

HueyFreman
1 week ago#1
After today, I feel ______ about Shield/Sword? - Results (698 votes)
Better
12.32% (86 votes)
Worse
63.9% (446 votes)
The same
20.49% (143 votes)
I just found out this was a thing
3.3% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think it’s fair to say that there are things that have people both excited and upset about today’s announcements.

My question is, do you overall feel better, worse, or the same about Sword/Shield after today?
"I did battle with ignorance today... and ignorance won."

User Info: HoosierGuy88

HoosierGuy88
1 week ago#2
I think it's really cool that you can see other players in the wild area. I didn't plan on using Pokemon Home so I couldn't care less about not being able to transfer all 800+ Pokemon into the game.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#3
Worse
The two new Pokemon shown aren't good enough to make up for the bad news
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
1 week ago#4
Yamper and Impidimp were good, the new info and wild area showcase was nice, and then all of that went to s*** the second they announced that Qwilfish and friends don't exist anymore.
*horrible bird imitations*
I'm probably either bored or procrastinating. Or both.

User Info: EpicSnailMan

EpicSnailMan
1 week ago#5
SmashingBros posted...
Yamper and Impidimp were good, the new info and wild area showcase was nice, and then all of that went to s*** the second they announced that Qwilfish and friends don't exist anymore.

This might (might! Just speculating here) be temporary until HOME releases. That way, they can ensure nobody hacks illegal Pokémon into the game because they don’t exist yet. I’m only gonna be outraged if they’re unavailable after HOME, too
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#6
EpicSnailMan posted...
SmashingBros posted...

This might (might! Just speculating here) be temporary until HOME releases. That way, they can ensure nobody hacks illegal Pokémon into the game because they don’t exist yet. I’m only gonna be outraged if they’re unavailable after HOME, too

If they were available when home launched, what would be the point of announcing that you couldn't transfer old Pokemon in?
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
1 week ago#7
EpicSnailMan posted...
SmashingBros posted...

I'd be fine with that, not like I'm transferring prior to Home. If that's the case though, it needs to be clarified ASAP because this is the worst thing GF's ever pulled.
*horrible bird imitations*
I'm probably either bored or procrastinating. Or both.

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
1 week ago#8
Frankly, every presentation lowers my hype level significantly, and now if I buy swsh, it'll only be because the rest of my friend group will have it.
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"

User Info: gg132

gg132
1 week ago#9
Everything was fine until they dropped that bombshell.

User Info: Hop103

Hop103
1 week ago#10
Everything was great until the possibility of cut Pokemon was announced. This game needs a 6 month delay to add the rest of the Pokemon in.
"In the name of the future moon I shall punish you"-Chibi Moon
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How did today impact your overall opinion/hype for Sword/Shield?
  • Topic Archived