• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. There was a correct leak on 4chan. Read at your own risk.

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
4 months ago#201
CardTamer posted...
Moongeist posted...
Oh, apparently the direct did have some brief footage of Wooloo rolling. So both the rolling and the squirrel thing were in the direct, just maybe hard to see. So it's entirely possible that this leaker noticed both of those things in the direct. I dunno, still not sure.

The squirrel is probally the reginal rodent. The fact that it shows-up in the crowd at the stadium is a good sign it's a common Pokémon. I don't think the berry tree part is true, mainly because I've totally depleted berry piles in S/M/US/UM and not gotten more than 1 of each berry, so if something happens to cause you to loose half of those, you could easily loos a bunch of unique berries. Honestly, I see the berry trees acting more like the berry fields from X/Y: Each tree has a set number of berries each day, you get a message saying "there dosen't appear to be any ripe berries right now." when it's depleted, and every so often you'll randomly disturb a bug-type Pokémon, which you then battle and can catch.

The berry trees don’t work the same as SMs, in those you had to deal with the Crabrawler before getting any of the berries.
Patience.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
4 months ago#202
Hbthebattle posted...
CardTamer posted...
Moongeist posted...
Oh, apparently the direct did have some brief footage of Wooloo rolling. So both the rolling and the squirrel thing were in the direct, just maybe hard to see. So it's entirely possible that this leaker noticed both of those things in the direct. I dunno, still not sure.

The squirrel is probally the reginal rodent. The fact that it shows-up in the crowd at the stadium is a good sign it's a common Pokémon. I don't think the berry tree part is true, mainly because I've totally depleted berry piles in S/M/US/UM and not gotten more than 1 of each berry, so if something happens to cause you to loose half of those, you could easily loos a bunch of unique berries. Honestly, I see the berry trees acting more like the berry fields from X/Y: Each tree has a set number of berries each day, you get a message saying "there dosen't appear to be any ripe berries right now." when it's depleted, and every so often you'll randomly disturb a bug-type Pokémon, which you then battle and can catch.

The berry trees don’t work the same as SMs, in those you had to deal with the Crabrawler before getting any of the berries.

But not always, only if you came across a large pile. Crabrawler was more like a (very weak) mini-boss so you could get more and better berries. And that still dosen't change the fact that there's nothing stopping you from getting only 1 of each berry from a tree before it's depleted, so encountering a Pokémon that causes you to loose half of what you collected could still cost you some rare and unique berries.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
4 months ago#203
DracoUltimus posted...

Oh, didn't know the URL worked like that for non-members. Sorry, will get it fixed ASAP

Edit: @Twinklestar

https://imgur.com/wlvoYOG

Thanks. So there's no link to the Japanese leak? I was hoping there's a link, haha

yeetinahole posted...
Honestly you shouldn’t be trusting leaks on 4chan period. I thought we learned that years ago.

Except, for the first time ever, this 4chan leak is actually real and got details right.

I mean, who the heck can guess correctly about the Dynamax feature? No one even predicted Dynamax, let alone getting the feature's name right. Or that there will be a Grass GL exactly named Milo and yet another sheep exactly named Wooloo.

But yes, one leak being right doesn't automatically makes 4chan can be trusted. 99% of the leaks there are still gonna be fake.

reaverz posted...
RoyalDroneX posted...

the GameFreak's security must be the worst in any corperation if they can allow anybody in spilling this information...

Being that they correctly named Pokemon in English, this is not a leak that happened in Japan. It’s very likely coming out of NoA, from someone who either got to work as a play tester for the game (this is the way the XY leaks happened) or from someone who works in or closely with Treehouse (I find this less likely).

Yeah, GF's security is actually really tight.

S/M leak wasn't from Japan either, it was from China.

Also, I think it's likely that this leaker is someone who works with the trailers since the proven things he leaked are things we saw in the trailer. Perhaps a translator?
So maybe in the next trailer we will see the rest of the things he said, assuming they're not wrong info mixed in.

User Info: RoyalDroneX

RoyalDroneX
4 months ago#204
Twinklestar posted...

Also, I think it's likely that this leaker is someone who works with the trailers since the proven things he leaked are things we saw in the trailer. Perhaps a translator?
So maybe in the next trailer we will see the rest of the things he said, assuming they're not wrong info mixed in.

if they were tight they wouldn't allow this crud in the first place
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 NID:TheChoujinVirus
Switch FC: SW-5068-7679-1687

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
4 months ago#205
FinalXemnas posted...
Boo_Guy posted...
That extra information is actually exciting.

Excpet for the part where it sounds like the fire type will be based around (or be) fighting.

actually came her to see the odds of the fire type being fighting too. close enough, really.

wonder if that means they won't be dual type, since they aren't listed as having dual types, at least.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

Twinklestar
4 months ago#206
RoyalDroneX posted...

if they were tight they wouldn't allow this crud in the first place

They are tight, they never allowed leaks to happen from their own company. There has never been any real leak that came from a GF employee.

But they can't really pay attention to a random office room in USA or China when they are busy making games in Japan. Once the data is handed to another branch, it's not their domain anymore, it's TPCi or Nintendo that should pay more attention to the security.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
4 months ago#207
Twinklestar posted...
DracoUltimus posted...

Oh, didn't know the URL worked like that for non-members. Sorry, will get it fixed ASAP

Edit: @Twinklestar

https://imgur.com/wlvoYOG

Thanks. So there's no link to the Japanese leak? I was hoping there's a link, haha

yeetinahole posted...
Honestly you shouldn’t be trusting leaks on 4chan period. I thought we learned that years ago.

Except, for the first time ever, this 4chan leak is actually real and got details right.

I mean, who the heck can guess correctly about the Dynamax feature? No one even predicted Dynamax, let alone getting the feature's name right. Or that there will be a Grass GL exactly named Milo and yet another sheep exactly named Wooloo.

But yes, one leak being right doesn't automatically makes 4chan can be trusted. 99% of the leaks there are still gonna be fake.

reaverz posted...
RoyalDroneX posted...

the GameFreak's security must be the worst in any corperation if they can allow anybody in spilling this information...

Being that they correctly named Pokemon in English, this is not a leak that happened in Japan. It’s very likely coming out of NoA, from someone who either got to work as a play tester for the game (this is the way the XY leaks happened) or from someone who works in or closely with Treehouse (I find this less likely).

That's the most likely theory. My guess is they saw the trailer, then mixed in a bunch of fake info to ether "fluff" up the leak or make Gamefreak less likely to take it down.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: AlphaDrogon

AlphaDrogon
4 months ago#208
Everyone ITT forgetting the fact that the Alolan starter final evos and several other Pokémon all got leaked on 4chan before anywhere else.
Face it, 4chan is more credible than any other place on the internet.
"...cold as the breath of the ice dragon."
https://i.imgur.com/iOnPg0H.gif

Twinklestar
4 months ago#209
AlphaDrogon posted...
Everyone ITT forgetting the fact that the Alolan starter final evos and several other Pokémon all got leaked on 4chan before anywhere else.
Face it, 4chan is more credible than any other place on the internet.

Nope, that was a leak from China that gets reposted on 4chan, meaning it didn't originate from 4chan.

Up until this leak happened, there was no leak that originates from 4chan that ends up real.

User Info: Plain_

Plain_
4 months ago#210
Twinklestar posted...
Up until this leak happened, there was no leak that originates from 4chan that ends up real

I think piuk was real
If you ever get attacked, yell "Fire!"; nobody will come if you just yell "Help!".
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. There was a correct leak on 4chan. Read at your own risk.
  • Topic Archived