• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Team Advice Needed for Random Tournament.

User Info: RPCShadowclaw

RPCShadowclaw
5 months ago#1
My six Lv 100s that have been pre-rolled for me are Articuno, Bruxish Dragalge, Kingdra, Kingler & Pinsir. I'm allowed to pick their Abilities, EVs, IVs, Movesets and Natures, as well as any Held Items they might carry.

Evasion, Sleep and Species clauses are in effect as well as a ban on Baton Pass.

How could I go about building this team to be effective?
2DS: 0061-4553-5309 (ATPhoenix) | 3DS: 5241-3125-8536 (Aeon)
AS: Aeon | Sun: Aeon | Moon: Felicity | |

User Info: EpicSnailMan

EpicSnailMan
5 months ago#2
DISCLAIMER - JUST A CASUAL PLAYER. TAKE MY ADVICE AT OWN RISK
Here’s my thoughts though
Lots of overlap and repeats... yeesh. Tough luck there. Maybe try a rain squad cuz there’s so much water? If Megas are allowed, M-Pinsir is pretty great with Aerialate Headbutt for flinching and U-turn/X Scissor. I’d do Sheer Force + Life Orb on Kingler (if you can get the HA at least) and do physical sweeper for Kingler. Maybe Sniper w/Lens Scope and STAB Waterfall + Flinching Coverage? Just spitballing to help ya out, I’m obviously no pro here, just try to find each Pokémon’s strengths and build out to cover weakness
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

User Info: RPCShadowclaw

RPCShadowclaw
5 months ago#3
That's a helpful start, thank you. And I'm a casual as well, no worries :P
2DS: 0061-4553-5309 (ATPhoenix) | 3DS: 5241-3125-8536 (Aeon)
AS: Aeon | Sun: Aeon | Moon: Felicity | |

User Info: Golem25

Golem25
5 months ago#4
Deary me, you look SooL there, bud. One speedy Electric type will sweep 5/6th of your team.

Lead with Pinsir and stick Sneaky Pebbles on him - you'll want that set up right away. From there, go for Rain like @EpicSnailMan mentioned and say a prayer. Bit of luck and your opponents team will be worse or not prepped to deal with Sodomizing Sediment and Rain.
The best destination for kits on the web; https://club25football.wordpress.com/

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
5 months ago#5
I guess the general assumption is that this is for singles? Because a double battle would open up a whole other realm of possibilities.

As for cheap shots, Articuno might try the classic Mind Reader + Sheer Cold combo....
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Team Advice Needed for Random Tournament.
  • Topic Archived