You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Reaper115

Reaper115
3 days ago#1
If you've been on any other Pokemon boards here you know that this gets asked a lot, but I always like hearing people's stories. Plus, I haven't seen it on this particular board.

The first shiny I ever encountered was a Golbat in Emerald. I didn't know what a shiny was at that point so I ran away from it... I thought it was a glitch or something and didn't want to screw up my game.

The first one I actually caught was a Koffing in the Burned Tower (HG). I was terrified that it would self destruct on me before I caught it, and I don't think I had a Master Ball at that point. Turns out I didn't need to worry because Koffing can't even learn SD until level 24 and all of the Koffing in the BT are 14-16.

After that I encountered a lot more through the various games. Guess I developed some luck.
Check out my novel, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Apocalypse, now on Amazon! Or don't. I'm not your boss.

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
3 days ago#2
Uxie, believe it or not. I didn't even know what the little sparkle animation meant cos Uxie's shiny form looks so similar to the normal one. Luckily I caught it easily enough.

After that it was a Bidoof... Talk about feast to famine

User Info: JGPJR79

JGPJR79
2 days ago#3
Shiny Caterpie in Silver.

However, shiny Trapinch in X is my favorite one.
3DS F.C. : 1848-1959-0435 IGN : Jude
Pokemon X : Ghost safari : Driftblim, Phantump ,Shuppet

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
2 days ago#4
First encounter was an Electrode in Gen 2 that blew up.

First catch was Ilex Forest Oddish tho.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: FearlessKage

FearlessKage
2 days ago#5
Legit shiny outside of the guaranteed ones?

Shiny Smoochum in Gold while breeding Jynx for one.
FC: 4639-9132-3455
Name: Riku

User Info: paipr

paipr
2 days ago#6
In one of my original playthroughs of Pokemon Crystal I was given the daycare egg and it hatched into a Shiny Magby. And while I think Pink Magmar/Magmortar is hideous, this was the beginning of my appreciation for what is one of my favorite Fire type lines.
Gen8 challenge. Ill use Electric/Fighting, Rock/Ghost, or Bug/Ice.
FC Paipr: 0602-6823-9646

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
2 days ago#7
First unscripted encounter was a Golbat in gen 2 (silver?) that i didn't have enough pokeballs for, first obtained was Solosis through hatching with a shiny charm, first unplanned catch was Audino in white 2 while working on my living Dex for X, and first unplanned, unscripted, full odds shiny was Raticate in LGE
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: tottenhamfan

tottenhamfan
2 days ago#8
Sandshrew in Leaf Green
Tottenham Hotspur fan. #COYS #THFC
A proud Tamil guy.

User Info: fatdebby321

fatdebby321
2 days ago#9
buneary
Vote Fate and Zatanna for Injustice 2

User Info: Nightfire2512

Nightfire2512
2 days ago#10
Aside from Gyarados, my first was a Horsea in Crystal. I was looking for one of the two genders for breeding purposes and had it pop up. It was the opposite gender, sadly, but I still caught it.

I’ve also had some incredible luck more recently, because I’ve found at least one in nearly every game since Black version (Black, B2, X, Y, and Sun for sure).