You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If Pikachu wasn't the mascot, do you think Meowth could have been the one?

User Info: Gurl_du_Voir

Gurl_du_Voir
4 days ago#1
I know people will say that it would be Eevee, Clefairy or Jigglypuff, but I actually think Meowth is a better choice. It's not too girly, not too boyish... and its evolution doesn't rely on a gimmick.

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
4 days ago#2
no. It’s not exactly cute enough to be a mascot
it all comes together

User Info: Galar

Galar
4 days ago#3
Yes, Meowth is perfect. I think if the mascot wasn't Pikachu or Clefairy, Meowth had pretty high chances. It's basically the secondary protagonist Pokemon in the anime after Pikachu, even.
Back after 2 years for more pre-release Pokemon excitement. (Check my profile pic)
Good to see many people from SM pre-release again. Hi :)

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
4 days ago#4
Meowth is a terrible choice.
[ nd9k ]

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
4 days ago#5
Wasn't it supposed to be Clefairy?

User Info: PrincessAnna2

PrincessAnna2
4 days ago#6
Meowth could have been an okay mascot, but the issue is he's not as unique-looking as Pikachu is. Plus if Meowth was the mascot we likely wouldn't have had Team Rocket's sassy talking Meowth.
https://imgur.com/vaZpPq2
Do you want to build a snowman?

User Info: MegaNiko17

MegaNiko17
3 days ago#7
Sammuthegreat posted...
3DS FC: 0104-3020-4946, IGN: Dominique
"Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal."

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 days ago#8
Guys.

Eevee.

That is all.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: brodemmars

brodemmars
3 days ago#9
I'd normally say no but then again there's Yokai Watch's Jibanyan so I guess with the right adjustments Meowth could have been a decent mascot for the series.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
3 days ago#10
Sammuthegreat posted...

It was. Ash's starter in the anime was actually supposed to be a Clefairy, but there was a last minute change and Pikachu was chosen instead. After that, Pikachu's popularity from the show caused it to become the mascot.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If Pikachu wasn't the mascot, do you think Meowth could have been the one?