This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Apparent Sword/Shield Leak

User Info: Cyrakin

Cyrakin
1 year ago#1
So, this is a "leak" for Pokemon Sword/Shield told to me by a source who works closely with Game Freak and the Pokemon Company. There is a chance this could be totally fake or real as he sometimes trolls me and sometimes tells me the actual truth. With his permission, I summarized and wrote all he has told me here.

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS

>Final evolutions for starters are as follows: Scorbunny turns into a fast football player with a typing of Fire/Electric. Sobble turns into a 16-17th century style actor with a typing of Water/Ghost and Grookey turns into a musician using it's stick to play instruments. It's typing is Grass/Rock.

>The box legendaries are wolves. Sword legendary is Steel/Fighting while Shield legendary is Steel/Rock.
Meltan and Melmetal are almost important to the story of the games (particularly the post-game more than anything).

>There are 2 evil teams in the duration of the story of Sword and Shield, they are not version exclusives.
-The first and less threatening of the 2 evil teams is a Roman-style gladiator type evil team. They simply want to take over Galar as they did before long ago. They later abandon this ideal and ally with you and the league to take down the second evil team mentioned.
-The second and more threatening team are a group of scientists and innovators obsessed with the idea of perfection and purity. They believe that imperfection and impurity must be wiped out. This includes the people and Pokemon of Galar. They wish to use the legendary of the Sword/Shield to brainwash the population of Galar into supporting them, and at the best moment decide to wipe them out using the legendary. What remains is an empty Galar region aside from the team where they install a new "perfected" regime with them and only them at the center of everything.

>Gym Masters is just a mistranslation of Gym Leaders.

>The Professor studies the relationship between nature and humanity. She isn't all that important in the story, only appearing a couple of times.

>Your rival is nice, but does hold dark secrets. Their family are high-ranking members of the "scientist team"

>There will be from 85-120 new Pokemon.

That's all I know for now. Be aware he may be trolling me or be telling the truth.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 year ago#2
Haha
Why do you people type this much
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 year ago#3
Cyrakin posted...
>The Professor studies the relationship between nature and humanity.

That's a weird character to have in a Pokemon game. Can we catch humans in this game?
Back after 2 years for more pre-release Pokemon excitement. (Check my profile pic)
Good to see many people from SM pre-release again. Hi :)

User Info: FearlessKage

FearlessKage
1 year ago#4
Interesting...
FC: 4639-9132-3455
Name: Riku

User Info: dextervepps

dextervepps
1 year ago#5
Meltan and melmetal are almost important.

Good to know.
PSN: DexterVepps

User Info: mnkboy907

mnkboy907
1 year ago#6
Cyrakin posted...
-The second and more threatening team are a group of scientists and innovators obsessed with the idea of perfection and purity. They believe that imperfection and impurity must be wiped out. This includes the people and Pokemon of Galar. They wish to use the legendary of the Sword/Shield to brainwash the population of Galar into supporting them, and at the best moment decide to wipe them out using the legendary. What remains is an empty Galar region aside from the team where they install a new "perfected" regime with them and only them at the center of everything.

We already had Team Flare.
Change is weird.

User Info: McKnightrider

McKnightrider
1 year ago#7
Who has the time to make up such elaborate lies. It is very weird thing to do. It's very awkward and cringey

User Info: Cyrakin

Cyrakin
1 year ago#8
McKnightrider posted...
Who has the time to make up such elaborate lies. It is very weird thing to do. It's very awkward and cringey

He has a pretty good imagination/just trolls me with stories of games he has played. yea I know its cringey but he's kinda like that so...

User Info: Hejiru

Hejiru
1 year ago#9
So this is just another "my uncle works at nintendo" story.
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

User Info: Haku125

Haku125
1 year ago#10
Cyrakin posted...
McKnightrider posted...

He has a pretty good imagination/just trolls me with stories of games he has played. yea I know its cringey but he's kinda like that so...

There is no other guy. This is obviously you.
Can officially predict the future according to the mods. Will be willing to leak anything anyone wants.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Apparent Sword/Shield Leak
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A