• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. is this game easy to learn?

User Info: dragoborn36

dragoborn36
3 months ago#1
first time playing a game like this. looks fun though

User Info: Daymos256

Daymos256
2 months ago#2
You can get the manual on internet archive.org.
RPG Gamer | Now Playing: Tokyo Xanadu ex+, Baldurs Gate EE (switch)
Last finished: Trails in the Sky, Dragon Quest XIs

User Info: Daymos256

Daymos256
2 months ago#3
Sorry to cut that last post so short, I didn't mean to just say 'go google it'. I didn't have much time to write there.

The manual is 100 pages long and stuffed full of lore so it's actually pretty fun to page through, and its a free download/scan. It's pretty easy to play, you just select one of 6 characters and pick where to move them or what to fight. You can also pause the game and select the characters moves/abilities for use. You can get deep into the D&D aspects of it and create your own 6 characters (the game offers dozens of NPC characters to meet/fill your party with too), or you can just select a premade character and turn down the difficulty a bit if you like. There's a wide variety of settings to adjust in the enhanced edition and after 50 hours on switch I have to say it seems to run very well.

Be warned though, the game is quite old and the characters are very small, but the environments look nice enough on the switch screen. The big draw of the game is the excellent environmental audio, decent voice acting, and awesome world building. All the townspeople, enemies, and story/quests are right out of a good book. This is Bioware we're talking about, and when bioware was moving towards their prime. It can be alot of fun to play, for instance in my last boss fight I had my mage use a lightning wand which reflected off the walls and ended up one-shoting 3 enemies AND two of my party members, I managed to finally win the fight with one character berserked and uncontrollable while everyone else was charmed and running in circles. The game produces alot of great moments like that once you get into it, tons of weird spells and items that have both positive and negative effects.

The game isn't for everyone, but I think baldurs gate 2 especially is one of best western RPG history sessions there is. With Baldurs gate 3 on the horizon if a player really got into BG 1,and then played 2, and finally went on to play --> divinity original sin, divinity original sin2, and baldurs gate 3. I have to think they'd have a fantastic time.
RPG Gamer | Now Playing: Tokyo Xanadu ex+, Baldurs Gate EE (switch)
Last finished: Trails in the Sky, Dragon Quest XIs
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: dragoborn36

dragoborn36
2 months ago#4
i wanna get into this, its games like these that paved the road to the games we have today

User Info: pleroma88

pleroma88
2 months ago#5
Would I like this game if I loved Divinity 2?
3ds FC: 0619-4483-9974 Name: RegX2
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. is this game easy to learn?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A