• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Seabreeze

Seabreeze
1 year ago#1
Hi. Just like to know if there are any disadvantages to creating my own party for the game. Also, is my party able to export to the dlc and bg2?

Thanks for any responses.

User Info: jw91

jw91
1 year ago#2
First off, keep in mind that I’m in no way an expert on these games, so if I’m wrong or misremembering things, I apologize.

As far as I know, the party is indeed exportable to DLC for BGI, but I don’t know if you can export ALL of them to BGII or just the player character.

Do note that you have to manually export your character files ahead of trying to import them. Or at least that was the case on PC.

Gameplay-wise:

Created characters just kinda follow you around with no real input or unique dialogue of their own. If you’ve played Icewind Dale, they’re like that. BGI has a MASSIVE amount of recruitable NPCs due to the perma-death in Core Rules and beyond, but only the ones from the Enhanced Edition have substantial dialogue trees like in Dragon Age or BGII.

The original legacy characters have relatively minimal dialogue, so replacing them with custom party members is not that big a deal IMO. Some legacy characters also tend to have crap/inconvenient proficiencies that you could improve if you create your own.

In BG II, definitely keep the regular characters as they will all have big arcs and quests of their own and huge amounts of dialogue. Also, BGII starts out on the assumption of a “canon” party from BGI, which would be You, Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, and Dynaheir. The game will not remember exactly who you traveled with at the BGI endgame.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: JVillJags

JVillJags
1 year ago#3
In order to get around the annoying pairing rules that some party members have I killed off the other party member that they were always paired with. Is their death permanent? I killed Minsc so he wouldn't tag along since I want an all female party.
Xbox Live/PSN: joemansland
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-7520-2522-8625

User Info: jw91

jw91
1 year ago#4
JVillJags posted...
In order to get around the annoying pairing rules that some party members have I killed off the other party member that they were always paired with. Is their death permanent? I killed Minsc so he wouldn't tag along since I want an all female party.
AFAIK their death is permanent if:

-On Core Rules difficultly and beyond, they suffer a critical hit and explode into bloody chunks. When this happens, their character portrait will completely disappear instead of just turning gray.
-If, on any difficulty, you remove a dead character from your party to replace them, there will be no way to recover them short of console cheats (not sure if those exist on Switch either), because they will disappear and be unable to be selected again.

Otherwise, you can revive grayed out characters with a spell at a temple (or you priest could do it if high enough level).
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 year ago#5
Characters that can join your party in BG2 will be imported but not all BG1 characters appear in BG2
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A