• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
1 year ago#1
I'm struggling to see how this is worth 50 bucks. I could go and get Pillars of Eternity instead. Or just spend 10-20 bucks on an amazing indie game.

User Info: grumpypuff13

grumpypuff13
1 year ago#2
xAlphazonex posted...
I'm struggling to see how this is worth 50 bucks. I could go and get Pillars of Eternity instead. Or just spend 10-20 bucks on an amazing indie game.

To each there own really but if there should really be a complaint on price it should be against all ports. No one complains Skyrim is 65 bucks for the 6th time cause they keep re releasing it. Hell I bet there gonna bring it to PS5 just to cash in on everyone re buying it.

Not to mention I own this game on PC and the switch version actually runs better imo. PC version has an issue with screen sizes causing you to really be unable to play it.

Here your actually getting Baldurs gate 1 , Black pits , Siege of Dragonspear , Baldurs gate 2 Shadows of Amn , Baldurs Gate 2 Throne of Baal , Black Pits 2 on one cart which is the entire series of a rather classic DnD computer game.

Yes it shows its age but if your a fan who grew up with it or want a good storyline it's worth the price.

User Info: PhantomDragon

PhantomDragon
1 year ago#3
I got it today. Figured what the hell...having this one Switch is worth it.

@grumpypuff13
I read last week that Resident Evil 4 & Skyrim were announced for ps5. You can look it up to confirm but yeah...and yer probly right, theyll be full price! Lol
FC: 1607-2374-6438 / 2nd FC: 3669-4198-7842
{Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the pipers calling you to join him...}

User Info: BFBeast666

BFBeast666
1 year ago#4
xAlphazonex posted...

It's a fairly decent price, since you're not only getting both main games but a ton of extra content to go with them. Both major expansions and all the extra dlc Beamdog have made for the remasters.

You're looking at an easy hundred hours of gameplay.
XBL/PSN gamertag: BFBeast666
Heavy Metal is the LAW! \m/

User Info: diZzyDaLe_

diZzyDaLe_
1 year ago#5
xAlphazonex posted...
go buy Pillars. the game is a broken mess. Go buy a cheap indie game. Can’t afford this game so you have to come b**** about it or what?

go buy these on PC when they’re not on sale and you’ll be spending more than $50
\[T]/

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
1 year ago#6
@diZzyDaLe_ posted...
xAlphazonex posted...
go buy Pillars. the game is a broken mess. Go buy a cheap indie game. Can’t afford this game so you have to come b**** about it or what?

go buy these on PC when they’re not on sale and you’ll be spending more than $50

I can easily afford this game. Just because I can, doesn't mean that I think its worth its price.

Should I assume that you're broke because you wouldn't pay 50 dollars for a PB&J sandwich? That's your logic.

User Info: diZzyDaLe_

diZzyDaLe_
1 year ago#7
xAlphazonex posted...
I can easily afford this game. Just because I can, doesn't mean that I think its worth its price.

Should I assume that you're broke because you wouldn't pay 50 dollars for a PB&J sandwich? That's your logic.
sure it was a bad argument but you sound like a whiny child. all you did was bash the game because “reasons”. Go buy Pillars and see how broken the game is on the Switch. definitely not worth your $50 compared to a collection of games you could easily get 200+ hours out of.
\[T]/

User Info: JVillJags

JVillJags
1 year ago#8
I paid $40.
Xbox Live/PSN: joemansland
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-7520-2522-8625

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
1 year ago#9
Finally got this and the other game for about $25 each lol. Anyone who gets this full price is a sucker.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A