• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Hard West
  3. so who else got it?

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 year ago#1
cause i am LOVING THIS so far. the controls in the menus are a bit wonky (i wish they'd added in touch screen) and i wish i could zoom in and out (maybe you can and i haven't found it? you can use the d-pad to move up/down a level and they kinda zooms but it's not the same thing) but other than that i don't have any real complaints so far, and even those aren't major complaints. i'm a couple missions in to the second campaign and it's been great.

i enjoy the whole "weird west" setting in general. i love xcom-like games. so to get what is basically xcom: weird west is just the best.
i was born at night, but not tomorrow night.

User Info: delRey91

delRey91
1 year ago#2
I really like what I've seen so far and really wanna get it, but one question...

Are the characters diverse and interesting??

The only thing pulling me back is that I don't wanna play with a bunch of cowboy middle age men party.

Is there females too? (I don't mean this in a sjw way at all)
Switch: SW-7403-8982-4310
Steam: Delrey91

User Info: Eh-Red

Eh-Red
1 year ago#3
I picked it up yesterday but only got to play it for about an hour or so last night. Being both an Old West and X-Com fan I'm really enjoying it so far. To the poster above, from what I've seen so far the characters seem diverse so far and I find them interesting. Big thanks to the TC for the heads up and recommendation of the game!
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Joniden

Joniden
1 year ago#4
delRey91 posted...
I really like what I've seen so far and really wanna get it, but one question...

Are the characters diverse and interesting??

The only thing pulling me back is that I don't wanna play with a bunch of cowboy middle age men party.

Is there females too? (I don't mean this in a sjw way at all)

1. Not really. The only real interesting character is the narrator. The main characters of the game are kinda one dimension. The stories do come together in the end to explain the whole game.

2. Yes there are female characters and some are good, some are just for support.
How in the world does my backlog keep getting bigger?
Oh look new game!

User Info: Janusthedamned

Janusthedamned
1 year ago#5
Idunno what x-com is, and don't particularly care (I'm one of those rare hardcore gamers who doesn't follow the gaming scene), but since you posted this, I'd like to say that I'm enjoying this game.

This is a game I just snatched from the e-shop on a whim because it looked interesting (as with most of my games). Definitely worth the $20 or whatever the heck I paid for it.

Note: I just remembered why I don't like posting on these forums...can't use profanity. It's not that I'm incapable of speaking without using it, I'm just much more comfortable being able to use it. It's frustrating having to switch to a whole other persona that I don't even particularly like, just to follow a stupid set of rules so I can say what I need to say. So if I come off as egocentric, I'm really not like that most of the time.

On to the point. To answer the one dude's question, I think there's a great set of diverse characters in this game. I just didn't like that I had to play as Cervantes. I mean, this is one of the most vile, evil people I've seen in a story, and I've seen a lot of really dark characters. And I had to BE him. If it's possible to die of cringe, I think I almost did, playing through his scenario. I did finish it though, as I'm what somewhat of a completionist.
3DS Friend Code: 2766-7844-3804

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 year ago#6
@Janusthedamned if you enjoy this, XCOM is def worth checking out. it's not on switch, but it's on basically every other platform (even phones). the combat is the same type of stuff, but the in between combat bits are way different.
i was born at night, but not tomorrow night.
  1. Boards
  2. Hard West
  3. so who else got it?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A