• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. This feels like a vastly inferior version of aLBW

User Info: GenericGuy

GenericGuy
4 weeks ago#21
emagdnE posted...
ALBW is to ALttP what Yoshi's New Island is to Yoshi's Island.

So why are people willing to call out YNI for what it is yet so blind when it comes to ALBW?

Because while ALBW isn't a great game (better than ALttP, but not that great), it isn't outright terrible like Yoshi's New Island.
My top 10 favourite games of all time (updated) - https://i.imgtc.ws/2wF3Uhb.png
The Witcher 3 is overrated.

User Info: swfc_dan

swfc_dan
4 weeks ago#22
I just havent found much enjoyment in the OW or dungeons yet on LA. And the lack of items is a total downer.

I STILL couldn't afford the bow after 4th dungeon. Imagine its just a boring single shot unable to be upgraded like ALBW. What other decent items are there? (Asking for spoilers as Im considering giving up playing it).

User Info: Abstract_Liam

Abstract_Liam
4 weeks ago#23
swfc_dan posted...
I just havent found much enjoyment in the OW or dungeons yet on LA. And the lack of items is a total downer.

I STILL couldn't afford the bow after 4th dungeon. Imagine its just a boring single shot unable to be upgraded like ALBW. What other decent items are there? (Asking for spoilers as Im considering giving up playing it).

The second dungeon has Roc’s feather. There’s also the optional color dungeon, which allows you access to either a 2x boost in power or defense in the form of the red and blue tunics respectively.

User Info: CashIn

CashIn
4 weeks ago#24
It's almost like it's a remake or something. A Link Between Worlds on the other hand, is a sequel and an entirely different beast.

User Info: Zio_Jr

Zio_Jr
4 weeks ago#25
CashIn posted...
It's almost like it's a remake or something. A Link Between Worlds on the other hand, is a sequel and an entirely different beast.

this...at the end of the day this is a comparison of a gameboy game made 26 years ago, to a 3ds game made 6 years ago

User Info: swfc_dan

swfc_dan
3 weeks ago#26
Zio_Jr posted...
CashIn posted...

this...at the end of the day this is a comparison of a gameboy game made 26 years ago, to a 3ds game made 6 years ago

Its a comparison between the two 2D Zeldas of recent years. And the newer one is far inferior to the other and is on a newer console. The question is why?

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
3 weeks ago#27
Its a comparison between the two 2D Zeldas of recent years. And the newer one is far inferior to the other and is on a newer console. The question is why?

Because your tastes are different. Also because you're expecting a remake of a much older game to be drastically different from the original formula for some reason.

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
3 weeks ago#28
swfc_dan posted...
Far inferior... outside frame drops on screen transition, which last a second tops, by what metric?

Not bashing, just curious your reasoning. The remake is trying to be faithful to a game that came out 20 years ago originally after all, whereas ALBW subverted the formulae and has original dungeons and overworld content
MGM Studios isn't Spielberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great storytellers are who make great stories, not companies.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
3 weeks ago#29
swfc_dan
Elite
User Since: Apr 2005
Active Posts: 38

Uh huh.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: Izicial

Izicial
3 weeks ago#30
PoisonShroomz posted...
GenericGuy posted...
Imagine not knowing what vittles means.

This lol.

Ya imagine not knowing a word no one uses. Jee golly.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. This feels like a vastly inferior version of aLBW
  • Post New Message