• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Link's Awakening or Breath of the Wild?

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
4 weeks ago#31
BotW was a far more cohesive and immersive experience. Had a lot more fun on a blind playthrough.

LA was a nostalgia trip.

Ymmv
MGM Studios isn't Spielberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great storytellers are who make great stories, not companies.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Xade

Xade
3 weeks ago#32
BotW is the better game (even though it has many flaws).

Link's Awakening is good, but not among the best 2D Zelda games. I think that the Oracle games and the Minish Cap as well as A Link Between Worlds are objectively better.

I don't regret buying it, cause I am a hardcore Zelda fan.

But to a regular customer, who isn't a diehard fan, the price is WAY too high.

User Info: rhoadsofrock

rhoadsofrock
3 weeks ago#33
gamingroi posted...
Link's Awakening or Breath of the Wild?

Both.

If you want to play one or the other, or both, just put out the money and stop complaining about the price. Maybe have someone get you one or the other (or BOTH) as gifts, that's how I got BOTW, and I bought LA.

I'm a massive Zelda fan, both were fun and worth my time and money. Make sure you buy physical, if you buy digital, and you end up unsatisfied (which seems to be EVERYONE'S problem anymore, besides me), you can't trade, sell or otherwise the games.

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
3 weeks ago#34
Good call on only getting digital for games you know you'll like.

On that note, sure glad I didn't get BOTW digitally!

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
2 weeks ago#35
Philip027 posted...

I'd say make sure to get games you like physically so that you can always go back to them instead of worrying that the server will be shut down eventually.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.

User Info: killercow-ld

killercow-ld
2 weeks ago#36
Links Awakening is the better game

But Breath of the Wild is the bigger time sink

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
2 weeks ago#37
I'd say make sure to get games you like physically so that you can always go back to them instead of worrying that the server will be shut down eventually.

That is true. I do prefer physical copies, myself

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
2 weeks ago#38
Enclave posted...
Philip027 posted...

What does the downloading the game to my Switch do for me then
Marin's guardian

User Info: IAmCaptPlanet

IAmCaptPlanet
2 weeks ago#39
i'd say if you only ever plan on getting 5 Switch games, this should be 2 of them

Mario Odyssey, Witcher 3 should be 2 of the others
THE POWER IS YOURS!

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
2 weeks ago#40
nurlen posted...
What does the downloading the game to my Switch do for me then

Makes it work until the authentication servers shut down and your system pings them to verify your licenses.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Link's Awakening or Breath of the Wild?
  • Post New Message