• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Still no patch? This is ridiculous

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#21
TourianTourist posted...
ss21vegito posted...
Why make such a beautiful cutscene, but still make it unwatchable

"Unwatchable", sure. I agree that Nintendo / GREZZO should try to improve the performance somewhat, but you people keep acting like anything below 60FPS is causing you epileptic seizures, come on...

The under 60 isn't the problem to me. It's the wildly inconsistent rate that spoils the intro a bit to me.

User Info: neji721

neji721
1 month ago#22
CarbonButtflap posted...
Oh yeah those drops from 60 to 55 fps are game breaking. Better b**** about it for months
Welcome to gamefaqs

User Info: neji721

neji721
1 month ago#23
ss21vegito posted...
It’s fine if not everyone agrees. I don’t settle for less. I really wish they could have patched it. I would have loved to see consistent frames in the whole game. I get asking for 60fps for this game is much. But don’t release a game without making smooth frame rates or at least patch it
What are these high standards you speak of? I'm sure if you post some of your favorite games, we could break them and ruin them for you.

User Info: panforis

panforis
1 month ago#24
ss21vegito posted...
It’s fine if not everyone agrees. I don’t settle for less. I really wish they could have patched it. I would have loved to see consistent frames in the whole game. I get asking for 60fps for this game is much. But don’t release a game without making smooth frame rates or at least patch it

unless the game actually goes into slow motion because of the drops or the game starts to freeze up like when you watch a video online and have a bad connection, developers arent going to waste their time on fixing every minor, temporary(usually less than a second or so to maybe a second) drop in frame rate. Not all devs lock their games frame rate and as long as a game that can run close to 60 FPS doesnt dip below like 48 or so FPS the game will still run fine and their will be no big pacing drops(the Switch version of Tales of vesperia does this and its more than fine there). Ppl need to really stop picking apart every minor thing that isnt even an issue 3/4 of the time and actually care about the games that freeze up or constantly crash or have bad, unwatchable textures or models(like mass effect andromeda) and were released by the devs like that which is what is really unacceptable.(minor frame rate drops happen all the time in a lot of games that dont have locked frame rates and unless you are playing an FPS or a fighter you really dont need the game to perform that high "just because it can".)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
1 month ago#25
neji721 posted...
ss21vegito posted...
What are these high standards you speak of? I'm sure if you post some of your favorite games, we could break them and ruin them for you.

I don’t understand this negativity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 month ago#26
ss21vegito posted...
I really wish they could have patched it.

You sound like it's all gone and done. Breath of the Wild also got some of its frame rate issues improved via a patch, but this didn't happen on day 1 either. Link's Awakening got released two weeks ago, maybe you have to be a little bit more patient. I'm sure the game will receive at least one update in the future.
It's a secret to everybody!
http://hyrule.blog

User Info: TheMindGamer

TheMindGamer
1 month ago#27
ss21vegito posted...

Then don't play it. The frame drops can be annoying, but they're as unintrusive as you can get since they're typically happening when you can't even control Link. It's such a superficial complaint. It's like saying OoT is low quality because Navi says "Hey" and "Listen" too much.
http://archiveofourown.org/users/TheMindGamer
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/TheMindGamer/Thespinnerisawesome.jpg

User Info: Radbot42

Radbot42
1 month ago#28
TheMindGamer posted...
Then don't play it. The frame drops can be annoying, but they're as unintrusive as you can get since they're typically happening when you can't even control Link. It's such a superficial complaint. It's like saying OoT is low quality because Navi says "Hey" and "Listen" too much.

So you're saying something that was so complained about that a meme was created out of it that the framerate problems (which are fixable) is on the same level? That's quite an issue then.
Share a bag of potato chips and we all become friends!

User Info: Lord_Zenki

Lord_Zenki
1 month ago#29
I can't believe Nintendo hasn't put out a patch for Link to the Past. If you get more than like 3 enemies on screen, the frame rate drops so much! SMH, Nintendo isn't some small indie company, they should have better quality!
FC: 0748-7304-9172
Pokemon Ultra Moon IGN: Zenki

User Info: TheMindGamer

TheMindGamer
1 month ago#30
Radbot42 posted...
So you're saying something that was so complained about that a meme was created out of it that the framerate problems (which are fixable) is on the same level? That's quite an issue then.

"OoT is low quality" - Radbot42 2019

Or is this not the part where we intentionally misunderstand one another? Let me try to simplify my post for the remedial: "LAHD has frame inconsistencies. It's not a big deal." Memes do not give you a point. Navi does not ruin OoT.
http://archiveofourown.org/users/TheMindGamer
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/TheMindGamer/Thespinnerisawesome.jpg
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Still no patch? This is ridiculous
  • Post New Message