• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Still no patch? This is ridiculous

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
4 weeks ago#121
ss21vegito posted...
Yeah but I’m not trying to break this guy personally or call anyone out. Seemed weird for him ask for my games so he can break them down.

But I get not everything can be fixed. But at least fix the issues lots of people complain about. And for a little game like this ( compared to other remakes and projects) why not?

People here get mad at any critiquing at all. it's pathetic. I simply said I don't like that botw doesn't have true dungeons, so people said I am a troll and they even convince moderators half the time. I bet next they will say Russia told me to post it.
Guess who I am.

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
4 weeks ago#122
I liked BOTW but I get it it’s different strokes for different folks.

I liked the shrines and giant statue (already forget their names). I just wished the environments didn’t look the same. The all had the same ancient look with glowing blue juice. I wish each region had different interior styles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
4 weeks ago#123
ss21vegito posted...

I liked the shrines and giant statue (already forget their names). I just wished the environments didn’t look the same. The all had the same ancient look with glowing blue juice. I wish each region had different interior styles

I've only done like 14 shrines, but I did like some of them to an extent, but yes the similar look is what annoys me most. And also I don't like that you have to keep using those runes you get right away.... would rather it still be items scattered about. Open world doesn't have to mean NEVER being forced to look for some item to access an area.
Guess who I am.

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
4 weeks ago#124
guesswho33 posted...
ss21vegito posted...

I've only done like 14 shrines, but I did like some of them to an extent, but yes the similar look is what annoys me most. And also I don't like that you have to keep using those runes you get right away.... would rather it still be items scattered about. Open world doesn't have to mean NEVER being forced to look for some item to access an area.

I agree. Those are probably the only flaws I had with it. I wish we didn’t get all (or most) runes immediately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: Master2873

Master2873
4 weeks ago#125
RoboJezeus posted...
Lord_Zenki posted...
There is no frame rate problem at all, people just don't realize that Link moves slower through grass.

I think they're referring to when you leave buildings/caves, the game has a slightly noticeable drop in framerate (I'm assuming due to loading the assets for the overworld? no idea) though it doesn't last much longer than a second and in the grand scheme of things doesn't hinder you at all or break the game.
Slightly annoying? Sure, to a very small degree, but nothing too crazy from my perspective.
I'd prefer minimal frame drops for a single second after exiting to the overworld over transitioning screen tiles any day.

Lol @ slightly noticable! It loses half of it's frame rate moving to another area. It seems to be a GPU bottleneck I believe. Digital Foundry did an analysis on it, and they try to figure out themselves with what's going on. They need more time to test it with their overclocked Switch to see what the issue is.

Edit: I think they did do the overclock test, and might be getting it confused with another Switch game. Been a bit since I've seen the video.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
4 weeks ago#126
guesswho33 posted...
People here get mad at any critiquing at all. it's pathetic. I simply said I don't like that botw doesn't have true dungeons, so people said I am a troll and they even convince moderators half the time. I bet next they will say Russia told me to post it.
The daily self bumping of your own troll threads for weeks might've had something to do with it.

You can play innocent for all of a week on a new board, you always show your true colors.

Master2873 posted...
Lol @ slightly noticable! It loses half of it's frame rate moving to another area
...during non gameplay segments that last maybe, maybe a second. Yeah, slightly noticable fits.

Arguing it isn't up to par and arguing it's severity are two different arguments. I'll begrudgingly agree on the former, that a 30 fps lock might've been "ideal", but the latter? It's not. It's on screen transitions and that makes it minor. Very minor, considering remaking the overworld nearly did away witb screen transitioning entirely.
MGM Studios isn't Spielberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great storytellers are who make great stories, not companies.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: zebatov

zebatov
4 weeks ago#127
ss21vegito posted...
So they just accepted this low quality game to have consistent and horrible frame drops?

I’m so disappointed. This really feels like a cash grab now.

First thing I noticed too right at the beginning of the game. Hopefully it gets touched up a bit but I can look past it.

CarbonButtflap posted...
guesswho33 posted...
The daily self bumping of your own troll threads for weeks might've had something to do with it.

You can play innocent for all of a week on a new board, you always show your true colors.

Yeah. Post #3 sure had a helpful tone to it.
"Her name is fitting."
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
3 weeks ago#128
zebatov posted...
ss21vegito posted...
So they just accepted this low quality game to have consistent and horrible frame drops?

I’m so disappointed. This really feels like a cash grab now.

First thing I noticed too right at the beginning of the game. Hopefully it gets touched up a bit but I can look past it.

CarbonButtflap posted...
guesswho33 posted...

Yeah. Post #3 sure had a helpful tone to it.

You're welcome
Marin's guardian
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Still no patch? This is ridiculous
  • Post New Message