• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Still no patch? This is ridiculous

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
1 month ago#101
madhatta317 posted...
Red_Maxx_XIII posted...
The framerate only drops for me when entering a new area and the location's name appears on screen. Once the name overlay disappears, the frame rate returns to normal.

While I would like a patch to keep the frame rate consistent, the way it is now, it's very tolerable for me.

The swamp would like to speak you

@madhatta317 You do know you move slower in the shallow water right?
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
1 month ago#102
I too noticed FPS dip around the swamp. That's a separate thing from Link moving slower in water.
https://youtu.be/KREpHaA0Tbo

15:35 for the lag discussion
16:15 for the swamp

I don't have a dog in this fight, but saying there's nothing wrong with the swamp is actually wrong.
Tell me Bats, what are you REALLY scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? ME, in a THONG? - The Joker

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
1 month ago#104
CarbonButtflap posted...
Oh yeah those drops from 60 to 55 fps are game breaking. Better b**** about it for months

this. no kidding. its not really noticable. kids need to stop complaining and enjoy the game
You know...one man can make a difference and With great power comes great responsiblity....WHY??? BECAUSE STAN LEE said so--R.I.P Stan the man Lee--1922-2018

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
1 month ago#105
SS4kronos33 posted...
CarbonButtflap posted...
Oh yeah those drops from 60 to 55 fps are game breaking. Better b**** about it for months

this. no kidding. its not really noticable. kids need to stop complaining and enjoy the game
You came into this topic to b**** and complain. Yet we are the kids for noticing an issue and wanting it addressed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#106
Lord_Zenki posted...
madhatta317 posted...
Red_Maxx_XIII posted...
The framerate only drops for me when entering a new area and the location's name appears on screen. Once the name overlay disappears, the frame rate returns to normal.

While I would like a patch to keep the frame rate consistent, the way it is now, it's very tolerable for me.

The swamp would like to speak you

The swamp does not drop frames, Link literally just moves slower through the shallow water. The same is true with cuttable grass, which is probably what most people are mistaking for frame drops.

I'm so glad the current generation of gamers are spoiled babies who can't play a game that doesn't run at least 120fps.

That has nothing to do with this. The problem is that it's not consistent and it's clearly a design issue for the times it happens. It's unfathomable to me that they let it happen in the intro on release.

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
1 month ago#107
ss21vegito posted...
SS4kronos33 posted...
CarbonButtflap posted...

You came into this topic to b**** and complain. Yet we are the kids for noticing an issue and wanting it addressed.

If it were up to him, every Zelda game would have you just walk around in the woods and do nothing.
Guess who I am.

User Info: daynlokki

daynlokki
4 weeks ago#108
guesswho33 posted...
If it were up to him, every Zelda game would have you just walk around in the woods and do nothing.
Says the guy who hasn’t even played this game.

User Info: KnyghtFall

KnyghtFall
4 weeks ago#109
ss21vegito posted...
So they just accepted this low quality game to have consistent and horrible frame drops?

I’m so disappointed. This really feels like a cash grab now.

There are frame rate drops all over the place. The only way to mostly eliminate them was to put the Switch in docked mode, while handheld essentially overclocking it.

Digital Foundry discusses it at length here with video examples: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWW5E-EgkUU&t=1287s it starts at 6:15

Lots of frame drops in many odd situations, some much more than a dip of 5f. It needs some polish. We are used to Nintendo releasing AAA quality, polished games. If a steady 60fps wasn’t possible, they should have left it at 30. They’ve been making games longer than many of you have been around so silly stuff like this is inexcusable.

The Eyes are Useless When the Mind is Blind.
-Unknown

User Info: SillyBilly

SillyBilly
4 weeks ago#110
is there a patch yet?
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Still no patch? This is ridiculous
  • Post New Message