• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Which Oracle game is better? Ages or Seasons?

User Info: Bat178

Bat178
1 month ago#81
FajitaEata posted...
Ages and it ain't close.

Can't understand why people are complaining about how ages actually had things to do and story sequences between dungeons. Isn't that a modern Zelda staple?

Ages is much more tedious to navigate, has more filler, lots of unnecessary annoying minigames and a gimmick that's already been done before in the Zelda series (time travel between two different time periods) unlike Seasons. I'm replaying Ages right now, and it really feels like a slog compared to Seasons.
Good.
Still, doesn't change the fact Brunei and Singapore need to be annexed by Dr.M. - Wazzupguys
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: vggamercloud

vggamercloud
1 month ago#82
I like them both, but I do tend to always start and play seasons more.

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 month ago#83
Since mini-games were a big focus for the remake of Link's Awakening, I wonder how they would treat a similar remake of Oracle of Ages on that regard... The only mini-game I enjoyed there was the "sword baseball" or whatever you want to call it. But most of the other mini-games were just horrendous, especially the Goron Dance... Hopefully a remake will make all of them fun.
It's a secret to everybody!
http://hyrule.blog
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
1 month ago#84
Bat178 posted...
FajitaEata posted...
Ages and it ain't close.

Can't understand why people are complaining about how ages actually had things to do and story sequences between dungeons. Isn't that a modern Zelda staple?

Ages is much more tedious to navigate, has more filler, lots of unnecessary annoying minigames and a gimmick that's already been done before in the Zelda series (time travel between two different time periods) unlike Seasons. I'm replaying Ages right now, and it really feels like a slog compared to Seasons.

Just because a mechanic was used before, doesn't mean it shouldn't be used again. I would say the time travel in Ages is more like the dual world gameplay of aLttP.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.
Thank you for taking the time to read my signature. My signature loves you.

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
4 weeks ago#85
I bet people here think I am Oracle Of Gamefaqs.
Guess who I am.

bidas100
4 weeks ago#86
guesswho33 posted...

I wouldn't say that, but I do have you tagged as "hates new games."

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
4 weeks ago#87
bidas100 posted...
guesswho33 posted...

Well you have me tagged incorrectly, then. I was looking forward to botw more than anyone. Not my fault Nintendo made incredibly dumb decisions on it. Also, I am somewhat looking forward to LA, but just waiting for a bit more of a discount.
Guess who I am.

bidas100
4 weeks ago#88
guesswho33 posted...
bidas100 posted...
guesswho33 posted...

Well you have me tagged incorrectly, then. I was looking forward to botw more than anyone. Not my fault Nintendo made incredibly dumb decisions on it. Also, I am somewhat looking forward to LA, but just waiting for a bit more of a discount.

We know what you are.

User Info: daynlokki

daynlokki
4 weeks ago#89
guesswho33 posted...
So you can buy it and also not play it? Go troll on a game you’ve actually played.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#90
daynlokki posted...
guesswho33 posted...
So you can buy it and also not play it? Go troll on a game you’ve actually played.

Therein lies the problem, he hasn’t played any games XD
Now Playing: Blair Witch
Upcoming: Luigi's Mansion 3, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, DOOM Eternal
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Which Oracle game is better? Ages or Seasons?
  • Post New Message