• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Which Oracle game is better? Ages or Seasons?

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
1 month ago#61
guesswho33 posted...
bidas100 posted...
guesswho33 posted...
bidas100 posted...
Ages had more "filler" in-between dungeons, but that's not a bad thing unless you have the mindset that the dungeons are the only things that matter. I thought it was cool that you had to get back all your items when you arrived at Crescent Island.

dungeons "are" all that matter, really.

It's too bad you can't enjoy games unless they label what you need to enjoy.

what they label is irrelevant. Everything outside dungeons has always been boring in Zelda games.

So OoT has a lot of boring portions then? Your logic is feeble as usual.
"Did you just pooter me?"
- OnettsOwn

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
1 month ago#62
TourianTourist posted...
bcornelia posted...
I'm replaying Seasons right now and this feels like the blandest first dungeon in any zelda game.

Well, then you haven't played the first Zelda game. Because the Gnarled Root Dungeon is essentially just a remake of Level 1 / the "Eagle Labyrinth" but with some added features...

Originally Capcom / Flagship had been working on a remake of the first NES Zelda for the GBC and this dungeon was one of the remnants from that project.

lol at these kneejerk assumptions.

I've played the original game several times, but it's among my least-favorite Zelda games and I haven't touched it in probably over a decade. I already knew all that stuff about the origins of the project.

not that it has any bearing on what I said. Dungeon 1 in seasons is trash, and it actually doesn't have to do with how its rooms are arranged next to each other. The oracle games have especially large, scrolling rooms compared to Link's Awakening and Zelda 1, and for the first dungeon in Seasons it's mostly just empty space. Like you'll have two skeletons waddling around in a big scrolling room with nothing else of note in it.

The dungeons afterward are a big improvement. Like a night and day difference- the big rooms remain by default but they're actually populated with stuff. The first dungeons in Zelda games tend to be basic, but in Seasons it's especially dry, hence what I said about it originally.
Winkles acknowledge you.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ratsalkane

ratsalkane
1 month ago#63
In my first play through I preferred ages. But now that i know some of the puzzles I prefer seasons for return play throughs

User Info: SpearBro49

SpearBro49
1 month ago#64
guesswho33 posted...
what they label is irrelevant. Everything outside dungeons has always been boring in Zelda games.

So Ocarina, where most of the game is outside of dungeons, is a boring game?
"Your opinion means very little to me"-Rick Sanchez
Still haven't beaten Skyward Sword, even though it's been 8 years
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Ganonspawn1

Ganonspawn1
1 month ago#65
Oracle of Ages, mostly because I am awful at combat and Ages is more focused on puzzles. I can do puzzles. The Goron Dance minigame, though... I am bad at rhythm. I can do the Subrosian Dance minigame no problem, but... yeah. Not enough for me to say Seasons (not to mention that I can’t kill Onox).
Hi.

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
1 month ago#66
I liked how a piece of the world changes based on which animal flue you have.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.
Thank you for taking the time to read my signature. My signature loves you.

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 month ago#67
bcornelia posted...

I've played the original game several times, but it's among my least-favorite Zelda games and I haven't touched it in probably over a decade. I already knew all that stuff about the origins of the project.

not that it has any bearing on what I said. Dungeon 1 in seasons is trash, and it actually doesn't have to do with how its rooms are arranged next to each other. The oracle games have especially large, scrolling rooms compared to Link's Awakening and Zelda 1, and for the first dungeon in Seasons it's mostly just empty space. Like you'll have two skeletons waddling around in a big scrolling room with nothing else of note in it.

The dungeons afterward are a big improvement. Like a night and day difference- the big rooms remain by default but they're actually populated with stuff. The first dungeons in Zelda games tend to be basic, but in Seasons it's especially dry, hence what I said about it originally.

Sorry for the "kneejerk assumptions", but if you had put it like that in the first place, I wouldn't have been throwing these at you...

I even agree with you there and I've always felt like the scrolling didn't do the dungeons in the Oracle games any favors, where I prefer the tighter dungeons in Link's Awakening all the way. I don't necessarily agree that the later dungeons are a day and night difference, however, because they still can feel empty quite a lot. Level 6 in Seasons for example has lots of open, wide rooms with nothing but Gibdos in them... And overall most of the dungeon rooms probably could have been condensed into a single screen format without loosing much, save for some larger puzzles.
It's a secret to everybody!
http://hyrule.blog

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
1 month ago#68
TourianTourist posted...
bcornelia posted...

Sorry for the "kneejerk assumptions", but if you had put it like that in the first place, I wouldn't have been throwing these at you...

no. you could have asked for extra clarification, but you didn't because you just assumed you knew what I was thinking... off of a single sentence casually posted on a message board.
Winkles acknowledge you.
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
1 month ago#70
bcornelia posted...
I'm replaying Seasons right now and this feels like the blandest first dungeon in any zelda game.

Would you say it's more bland than every dungeon in the first Zelda?
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.
Thank you for taking the time to read my signature. My signature loves you.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Which Oracle game is better? Ages or Seasons?
  • Post New Message