• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. I can't believe how overrated this remake is

User Info: Ligeia69

Ligeia69
1 month ago#61
@Bijutsu_Sensei haha your post actually made me realize that I'm probably taking this way too seriously. Thing is, when I see, for instance, the Secret Of Mana remake which is generally considered lackluster compared to this Link's Awakening remake being put on a pedestal, it just doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how Link's Awakening is so significantly better as a remake. It feels unfair to me and I hate unfairness. The pro Nintendo bias is something that's been bugging me for years now and this thread is the first time I instigate a conversation about it, and I was probably a bit intense about it, lol.

@ClimhazzardZero You've really blown me away with this decisive argument of yours, you win obviously.
Fire Emblem Heroes ID : Xaylor

User Info: Bijutsu_Sensei

Bijutsu_Sensei
1 month ago#62
Ligeia69 posted...
@Bijutsu_Sensei haha your post actually made me realize that I'm probably taking this way too seriously. Thing is, when I see, for instance, the Secret Of Mana remake which is generally considered lackluster compared to this Link's Awakening remake being put on a pedestal, it just doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how Link's Awakening is so significantly better as a remake. It feels unfair to me and I hate unfairness. The pro Nintendo bias is something that's been bugging me for years now and this thread is the first time I instigate a conversation about it, and I was probably a bit intense about it, lol.

I think it will probably be the same with the upcoming FFVII remake, so it's not just Nintendo. But yeah, we live in a global society that seems to be focused on ranks; either between people, what we own, our jobs, the games we play, etc. Either explicitly or even in our own minds. And people aren't always objective, but instead they feel a certain way so they put something on a pedestal that probably doesn't need to be. Thing is, although I think Nintendo has kind of lost it's edge (from way back when), I don't really hear these big companies comparing titles, just the fans. So when I hear fans talk about what should or should not be I just get turned off. Those conversations tend to go around in circles forever because everyone ranks these games differently in their minds, and they can do that. I just try not to get super involved.

But if people are reasonable and there's an opportunity to ease a little tension, I'll make time for that.
Gratefulness and gratitude are the keys that liberate us from the prison of self-preoccupation.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Kainos

Kainos
1 month ago#63
ForteEXE3850 posted...
Link's Awakening is a good game.

But this is still basically Link's Awakening, the Game Boy game, being sold for $60.

Well it's obviously more then the Game-Boy version...
But $60 !?!
American seller are crazy it seems! I have gotten my game for 42€ here in my local shop in Luxembourg. That's around 45-46$... But ok... American price tags are always messed up in the gaming department... We also win 30-40€ by using that coupon system in the E-Shop and choosing 2x 60-70€ games. I know it's much less if you work with $...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: SwordsmanOrion

SwordsmanOrion
1 month ago#64
Overrated? I've heard nothing but people trash on this game for weeks, maybe even months before it even released. How can it be overrated when apparently everyone hates it so much?
"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."
My only gripe with the game was the price tag. I solved that by buying it at Walmart.

Also do the frame rate issue can easily be forgivable by people who aren’t bother by it or don’t really notice it. If I am not bothered by it because I barely notice it than I can’t really be mad about it. I also barely played the original so I have little in the way to compare it to decide if it is worse or better. The QOL changes alone make me not want it bother with trying it though.
Okay

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
4 weeks ago#66
yokitaqueen0220 posted...
My only gripe with the game was the price tag. I solved that by buying it at Walmart.

The problem is that is still too high. I have GCU at best buy so it would be $48, but that still is high for such a small remake. I think I am going to wait until BB has it on sale (in recent years they have had even first party top nintendo games on sale from time to time)(.
Guess who I am.
(message deleted)

User Info: OlddanTrucker

OlddanTrucker
4 weeks ago#68
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Be careful

You get reported for posting negative facts regarding this game, unless you shoehorn a "but I still like this game though ^_^" somewhere

The worse part is how mods entertain the reports if they agree with them. This website is literally Republic of China

Have you seen their new social credit system. The big tech companies want it here in the USA and have done secret things to implant it but are being sued and dragged by their heels to court. Will take 10 years and hopefully we have a President that will smack them silly so no one can 'game the system' anymore. We have lived with 30+ years of that gaming the system mindset so to them it's business as usual.

BOY are you guys in for a surprise or what! It will be VERY painful at first but once we get the fresh air in you'll like it. Trust me.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: OlddanTrucker

OlddanTrucker
4 weeks ago#70
BLAHMASTER posted...
Another hand holding thing they added:

The next dungeon you need to go to is lit up on the map.

But I'm so confused! What does that blinking light mean? Could it be a special star fragment? Could it possibly be the Ancient Guardian Key? :)
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. I can't believe how overrated this remake is
  • Post New Message