• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. I can't believe how overrated this remake is

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
1 month ago#51
You literally called people who enjoyed the game brainless. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018

User Info: Ligeia69

Ligeia69
1 month ago#52
That's definitely NOT what I said. lol.
Fire Emblem Heroes ID : Xaylor

User Info: Bijutsu_Sensei

Bijutsu_Sensei
1 month ago#53
Ligeia69 posted...
@Bijutsu_Sensei : good for you. God forbid you ever get exposed to different points of views than yours.

I'm sorry man, I wasn't trying to be insulting. I just know that because, to me, the framerate is totally forgivable, what you shared was just your opinion. With something so extremely subjective, I thought this wouldn't be worth putting up any kind of response to. Yeah, I guess I could see how that would be a kind of unkind thing to say, but a lot of people spend a lot of time posting their opinions here. I'm not sure why people spend so much time arguing about something so subjective. I mean, what good would it do if everyone agreed with you, would you feel better about your purchase?

To be fair I just read through the rest of your post and what you consider flaws are simply a matter of personal taste. You don't seem unintelligent, so you must realize this. Maybe you're just being overly critical? You're entitled to your opinion, but you have to be open to the idea that yours may be a narrow-minded one. The first thing you wanted to complain about is what turned me off from reading the rest of your post originally, so I figured I'd let you know that.

Anyway, I don't know you from a hole in the ground so it's not like I have something personal against you. Next time I just won't post anything.
Gratefulness and gratitude are the keys that liberate us from the prison of self-preoccupation.
Ligeia69 posted...
That's definitely NOT what I said. lol.

Ligeia69 posted...
What does it take for people to realize Nintendo is just milking them at this point ? Why do they get such a free pass on everything ? I used to be a fan of Nintendo but I still have a brain and am not willing to eat up anything, FFS.
This is you saying people who don't share your opinion of this game are 'brainless'. The word itself doesn't have to come out of your mouth for you to say the same thing.
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114

Ligeia69
1 month ago#55
@Bijutsu_Sensei : no personal offense taken. I responded to you specifically basically because you were the last poster and I was just bummed by this moderator warning.

To me framerate issues are not subjective, they're an objective flaw. I already explained in the thread why they're unforgivable to me, I'm sorry I don't wanna repeat myself again. Feel free the browse the thread to find further explanation, or not. To each his own, I guess.

Yeah I was willing to complain because I was disappointed by how this remake turned out. Doesn't mean I hate it or anything, I just think it could have been much better, that it should have been much better. And I wanted to hear what people had to say on the subject, confront my views to theirs and maybe change my mind a bit on some points. I just wanted to discuss it, basically.

And yes I do think there's been a tremendous favorable bias towards Nintendo in recent years, which bugs me because I don't think they're worthy of their reputation anymore and I can't understand why people seem so blind to it. But maybe that's me being too critical, it's very possible.

@ClimhazzardZero : Sorry but this is just twisting up my words to make them mean something I didn't mean. Doing this is basically just a tool to silence people who have dissonant opinions.
(edited 1 month ago)
Ligeia69 posted...

@ClimhazzardZero : Sorry but this is just twisting up my words to make them mean something I didn't mean. Doing this is basically just a tool to silence people who have dissonant opinions.

No, this is quoting what you said in clear black and white. You don't get to redefine what you already have there for everyone to read, context and all, on your first post. I have no intention to silence you, just show that you're another child of the internet who hates that people like something he doesn't.

Ligeia69
1 month ago#57
ClimhazzardZero posted...
Ligeia69 posted...

No, this is quoting what you said in clear black and white. You don't get to redefine what you already have there for everyone to read, context and all, on your first post. I have no intention to silence you, just show that you're another child of the internet who hates that people like something he doesn't.

Yeah, right. For me those who take offense from such trivial details are the children.
Ligeia69 posted...
ClimhazzardZero posted...
Ligeia69 posted...

Yeah, right. For me those who take offense from such trivial details are the children.

In this case, it takes one to know one, champ.

User Info: Bijutsu_Sensei

Bijutsu_Sensei
1 month ago#59
Ligeia69 posted...
@Bijutsu_Sensei : no personal offense taken. I responded to you specifically basically because you were the last poster and I was just bummed by this moderator warning.

To me framerate issues are not subjective, they're an objective flaw. I already explained in the thread why they're unforgivable to me, I'm sorry I don't wanna repeat myself again. Feel free the browse the thread to find further explanation, or not. To each his own, I guess.

Yeah I was willing to complain because I was disappointed by how this remake turned out. Doesn't mean I hate it or anything, I just think it could have been much better, that it should have been much better. And I wanted to hear what people had to say on the subject, confront my views to theirs and maybe change my mind a bit on some points. I just wanted to discuss it, basically.

And yes I do think there's been a tremendous favorable bias towards Nintendo in recent years, which bugs me because I don't think they're worthy of their reputation anymore and I can't understand why people seem so blind to it. But maybe that's me being too critical, it's very possible.

No worries. I actually hear you on the tremendous favorable bias towards Nintendo. And would I love it if this game was a buttery smooth 60 FPS at all times? Absolutely. But maybe it's because I didn't have very high expectations to start with that I feel less disappointed than others.

I think because framerate is more of a modern issue, the people who are playing this purely for nostalgia (and there are many) don't have an issue with it, so Nintendo probably knew it could cut corners if that was their primary target audience. But because I was okay with it, I can't say whether this is right or wrong. If they have the ability to, shouldn't each developer pour themselves into each game they make to make it as awesome as possible? Yeah, I think if someone is willing to start a project they should finish it to the best of their ability... but I certainly can't hold them accountable. I'll just continue to lower my expectations. After a while, people with low expectations find other things to do than spend money on games from developers with poor reputations.

To your main point, I can't take the pulse of the global community so I really don't know if it's an overrated game. If it was really hyped up as the ultimate Links Awakening experience, yeah I think it fell a little short of that. In my opinion it's just a re-imagining of the game, not some sacred thing. But as a casual gamer I also don't really follow these trends. It's not really my area.
Gratefulness and gratitude are the keys that liberate us from the prison of self-preoccupation.

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
1 month ago#60
Sounds a bit like botw, but I will probably buy it at some point, anyway.
Guess who I am.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. I can't believe how overrated this remake is
  • Post New Message