• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. I can't believe how overrated this remake is

User Info: clanmccracken

clanmccracken
1 month ago#21
Whenever I read a review or a complaint and I see them mention the frame rate I instantly stop reading and assume they have nothing of value to the conversation.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: chex81

chex81
1 month ago#22
I don’t know I just finished it tonight and thought it was great, not Goty or even the best 2d Zelda but a fun entry to the series that I’ll likely replay again one more time. While I did get the sense link does move slightly too slow, I was ok With it since the overworld wasn’t too large. Art style has tons of charm, love the way it looks just hate the blur in the foreground (I get the background but seriously upfront just throws things off).
XBL/PSN/NID: chex81
GameFAQs Vocabulary:

Overrated = "Too many people like this game that I don't like as much"
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Zeal

Zeal
1 month ago#24
I would’ve forgiven the frame-rate issues if we had more Marin. :(

User Info: akira595

akira595
1 month ago#25
I think it's a solid 9/10 game.
"Well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks.."

User Info: Tha_Man_DS

Tha_Man_DS
1 month ago#26
Ligeia69 posted...
Some video game journalist even had the nerve to write that the Switch got the best game library ever for a Nintendo system !

It has tho. It has many new/original games, ports, remakes, remasters, 3rd-party games and indie games.

Nintendo releases the most and highest rated exclusives of alle companies. They’ve released 6 exclusives in de last 4,5 months and 5 of them scored an 8.6+.
The uncrowned king op exclusives, if you will. :)
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

User Info: TwitchHaxard

TwitchHaxard
1 month ago#27
clanmccracken posted...
Whenever I read a review or a complaint and I see them mention the frame rate I instantly stop reading and assume they have nothing of value to the conversation.

Lol because you don’t agree about something? You just sound like an ass congrats xD. Just because it doesn’t bother you doesn’t me it isn’t present. A review isn’t just good it’s bad to....you know this....right? I’m just goin assume YOU have nothing of value to contribute :)
lag does exist in real life. when jesus died, it took him 3 days to respawn. - GosuAznMan

User Info: Cinderforge

Cinderforge
1 month ago#28
Other than the frame rate drops I really can't see any major issues. And even the frame issue isn't that bad.

What do you mean by bare bones? Its got everything the original had and more including a (admittedly rather basic) dungeon creator!

It would have been nice to have the original gameboy version as an unlockable though. I'm a bit disappointed about that.

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
1 month ago#29
did not like how grezzo ruined the boss battles in major 3d either but alteast this game is fun and playable framrate drops dont hapen thatoften so its not a big issue only a minor one frame rates usualy never bother me in any games unless i start go into slow mo frequently
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 month ago#30
Link's Awakening is a good game.

But this is still basically Link's Awakening, the Game Boy game, being sold for $60.
Mwahahahaha.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. I can't believe how overrated this remake is
  • Post New Message