• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. 80 dollars for 20 hours of contents?

User Info: Master2873

Master2873
3 weeks ago#181
Mr_Takisuteni posted...
Master2873 posted...
Mr_Takisuteni posted...
Master2873 posted...
Mr_Takisuteni posted...
Stardew Valley was developed by 1 person, and the game has more details than Link's Awakening.
Stardew Valley release price was like 25 bucks? Sorry Zelda fans, but Stardew Valley is also a better game overall with 100+ hours of contents.

So explain to me, how is the price reasonable given the presented facts above?

Thank you.

Didn't read your entire post, but you have to be absolutely delusional to disagree with me.

Let's pretend this game is called "Robbery", and it was designed by "Theft", would you pay 80 dollars for it?

The question I am asking you, is this game worth 80 dollars? Remove the name of the game, developer, company, etc. Remove every marketing aspect related to the game, and examine the quality/contents of the game alone, without biases. What is the face-value of the game? 40 max.

Jeez...

If you didn't read the post, then have nothing to say to me nor should you. It just shows your mentality, and fail to see, or hear logic, and rather hear yourself, not be able to take criticism like an adult. Your logic is vastly flawed, I tore it down, now you don't want to hear it. You're sounding a lot like my 6 and 8 year old nieces.

Your question is invalid, as it was already answered in my comment you decided not to read fully before trying to retort back like a child. Regardless of name of the game, or the publisher, or developer, it doesn't change the fact that it is a loyal port of a ambitious GAME BOY game from 28 years ago that had to be rebuilt from the ground up with new music on an engine that is a miracle it runs on the Switch, let alone mostly at 60fps. Not to mention it hasn't been on another console since the Game Boy either. Making more people ignorant to the fact of its origin. It was also developed by more than one person, and they have to be paid as well.

Learn about the limitations of the Game Boy before you start to babble your stupidity...

Way to prove everything I've stated here with a later comment of yours. Get over yourself...

"There is simply no valid counter arguments to listen to. I am not presenting an argument. I am presenting facts. You don't want to hear facts and prefer to be deluded in your little parent's basement, it is your right to do so. If you genuinely think this game is worth 80 bucks... nevermind, I will not insult you."

Yea, didn't read the whole thing again, and don't care. Max 40 bucks. Period.

You act like you're forced to buy the f***in thing. Look at modern AAA games, and how they f*** you over on 6+ editions that don't give you the full experience for over $100, that are "live services" when the servers shut down, you don't have a working game anymore, with gambling mechanics being thrown in pre, and post patch, with microtransactions out the ass, that look like mobile microtransaction stores, and tell me how f***ing petty it is, and you sound saying this game is not worth it... There are worse problems, and you decide to waste your time with this...

By also refusing to read my points, you're just proving all my points, and agreeing with them. Grow the f*** up...

Master2873
3 weeks ago#182
Mr_Takisuteni posted...
Hey look, a single person created a game called Stardew Valley (100+ hours of contents) "from the ground up"! OMG from the ground up guys!

The game was selling for 25 bucks since release. Everything "from the ground up", new music, areas, dungeons, everything!

As for Metroid Prime games, don't really care about them, so I have no opinion on their price value.

Wait, did I mention "from the ground up"?

But... Isn't every game built from the ground up?

Oh... Ummm... Wait... So what the heck does "from the ground up" mean? Does it add anything to the "argument"? Yes, sir, from the ground up, sir. Are you trying tell me that his whole argument is poor "from the ground up"?

No... Not every game is made from the ground up, and way to try to talk s***... If you're going to want to do that, you might want to know what you're talking about first, and at least what we are talking about right as well. There are things that are called ports, and conversions in the gaming industry

Let's use Link's Awakening as an example here. The remake is running on Unreal Engine. Well, the option of a port is right out the window since it's not emulated for hardware from 28 years ago. Not to mention, it's an engine most Japanese studios don't have a whole lot of experience in, until recently. No point in me going in further since I've already have previously.

It very much has a point that you would have known if you read anything on here. Instead, you chose to make yourself look incredibly ignorant, and like an a******.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
3 weeks ago#183
Stop feeding the troll ffs.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
3 weeks ago#184
OoT > all < trump
Guess who I am.

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
3 weeks ago#185
Master2873 posted...
The remake is running on Unreal Engine. Well, the option of a port is right out the window since it's not emulated for hardware from 28 years ago. Not to mention, it's an engine most Japanese studios don't have a whole lot of experience in, until recently.

Do you have a source on that? I know that Grezzo has been hiring people with experience in Unreal Engine and Unity two years ago. This made everyone assume the remake would run on Unreal Engine 4, especially since the lighting looked a lot like it...

However, games that utilize Unreal Engine 4 (or Unity) normally have to advertise this somewhere in the game, usually on startup. But there's no mention of any engine in the remake, which makes me think that this is still using some in-house stuff.
It's a secret to everybody!
http://hyrule.blog

Master2873
3 weeks ago#186
TourianTourist posted...
Master2873 posted...
The remake is running on Unreal Engine. Well, the option of a port is right out the window since it's not emulated for hardware from 28 years ago. Not to mention, it's an engine most Japanese studios don't have a whole lot of experience in, until recently.

Do you have a source on that? I know that Grezzo has been hiring people with experience in Unreal Engine and Unity two years ago. This made everyone assume the remake would run on Unreal Engine 4, especially since the lighting looked a lot like it...

However, games that utilize Unreal Engine 4 (or Unity) normally have to advertise this somewhere in the game, usually on startup. But there's no mention of any engine in the remake, which makes me think that this is still using some in-house stuff.

It's something I remember hearing about a while back for the first announcement trailer. Last time I knew the start up logo is required only for certain versions of the engine. Yoshi's Crafted world uses the Unreal Engine, if there is a credit for it, it would be in the credits I'm sure. That, or Nintendo paid the license for the engine, then heavily modified it and made it it's own thing. Kinda like Silicon Knights, instead Nintendo actually paid for the license if they're officially using it.

I'd say, if it was a in-house engine, it would be able to hit the 60fps mark with no issue, and maintain it. Look at Super Mario Odyssey. Looks great, and maintains 60fps almost rock solid, and is a larger game. Don't think Nintendo's in-house engine has dynamic resolution either. Otherwise I'm sure Mario Odyssey would hit 60fps consistently.

I'll have to double check the credits. I'll look around some more, but there hasn't been a announcement from Grezzo, or Nintendo what engine is powering this, and they normally don't say.

Edit: found old patch notes for UE for last year that shows support for dynamic resolution, and a response from Miyamoto that they're using UE 4 and haven't mastered it like I said they might haven't.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/07/19/unreal-engine-4-for-nintendo-switch-just-got-a-big-upgrade/

https://www.polygon.com/2017/2/7/14533324/nintendo-switch-unreal-engine-miyamoto
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
3 weeks ago#187
Master2873 posted...
It's something I remember hearing about a while back for the first announcement trailer.

So, no, you don't...

As I said, it's a common impression, especially since GREZZO has been hiring guys with experience in Unreal Engine 4 and Unity. But so far I haven't seen a clear confirmation that this game uses the Unreal Engine for real.
It's a secret to everybody!
http://hyrule.blog

Master2873
3 weeks ago#188
TourianTourist posted...
Master2873 posted...
It's something I remember hearing about a while back for the first announcement trailer.

So, no, you don't...

As I said, it's a common impression, especially since GREZZO has been hiring guys with experience in Unreal Engine 4 and Unity. But so far I haven't seen a clear confirmation that this game uses the Unreal Engine for real.

You never will either. Nintendo, and most Japanese companies won't share that. Still very likely it is. The lighting, dynamic resolution, other Nintendo games using the engine, and the Miyamoto statement. Even if there isn't a direct confirmation, it doesn't change the fact that the game had to be remade from the ground up, and is besides the whole point of this post, and doesn't change any point I have. Also, the same can be said about in-house game engine as well. We won't know.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: zebatov

zebatov
3 weeks ago#189
If you follow a guide for everything it can be about eight.

You seem to forget the 90s where the games were like today’s “arcades”. NBA Hangtime was being sold for $120 in 1997 and I think it has two different courts and is a basketball game... so... you know...
"Her name is fitting."
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: 666dog

666dog
3 weeks ago#190
I'm going to wait awhile, hopefully prices will go down on Amazon.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. 80 dollars for 20 hours of contents?
  • Post New Message