• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. A month later, was this game worth buying?

User Info: warrie

warrie
4 weeks ago#41
I must say I really liked this from the beginning, but from chapter 8 everything started to fall apart for me.. the platforming, the puzzles, the bossfights, they became horribe and it really started to get on my nerves.
I got a bit further but I could just not put up with this anymore.
Maybe I'll finish this later but I'm really done with Astral Chain for the moment.

User Info: Sammycakes88

Sammycakes88
4 weeks ago#42
DUBTuner posted...
I started this game this week and due to work I only play 1 or 2 hours on a weekday. The problem I'm having with this game is that there's too much dialogue. Yesterday I spent almost my entire gaming hour talking to a mascot dog. It's too much time wasted, I like the combat gameplay but it's been two days since I actually fought something (outside of the training sessions). I sincerely hope this game picks up sometime, because I can see this is a quality and well crafted game.
@DUBTuner probs one of the biggest problems I had as well, I got the game on a whim and ended up enjoying the combat way more than i expected but i took a break to play greedfall and outter worlds and am thinking i might want to finish it before pokemon comes out.
My name is not Sam and I do not like cake!

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
4 weeks ago#43
Gameplay was good but the story was pretty lacking.
I feel like there was a good story there, somewhere, but the cast just kinda didn't seem to care to expose it. There's a lot of times in the story where something happens and everyone just kinda ignores asking why and nobody cares to really explain it; some things kinda get forgotten along the way and never referenced again, also.
I'm not expecting a full-on Bond villain exposé but it needed some way to explain a lot of things...
~Prepare the laser beam. We're gonna use it tonight.
Engage the laser beam. It's gonna end your life.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: XenoLord

XenoLord
3 weeks ago#44
Absolutely worth it, beyond a shadow of a doubt. An easy top 3 on switch for me
"I hate memes, Dunban!"

User Info: AlphaDrogon

AlphaDrogon
3 weeks ago#45
One of the very few Switch exclusives that warrant the $60 price tag
So very much worth it
"...cold as the breath of the ice dragon."
https://i.imgur.com/iOnPg0H.gif

User Info: rrojas_1926

rrojas_1926
3 weeks ago#46
its kinda weird that we dont have many games with the Police theme or fire fighters but now we have a Police game, i actually like the Slow pace part with investigations, the action sections are the ones that ***** me up i cant get used to the duality of the character and the legion and my grades are terrible T_T. Also replaying chapter is a pain cause how long they are.

bought the game on the 2nd week and i am still on chapter 6.

User Info: rstewart00

rstewart00
2 weeks ago#47
warrie posted...
I must say I really liked this from the beginning, but from chapter 8 everything started to fall apart for me.. the platforming, the puzzles, the bossfights, they became horribe and it really started to get on my nerves.
I got a bit further but I could just not put up with this anymore.
Maybe I'll finish this later but I'm really done with Astral Chain for the moment.

just rented it last week, after reading the past posts, i agree with the long puzzling that takes a toll, some of the camera angles arent ideal, huge levels, controls, etc are just a terrible grind, i am glad u can skip some of the cutscenes to speed things up and i switched to unchained after the 3rd file and found the game alot more doable, still tuff to play but have been sticking to trying to finish one file a day so currently on 9 or 10, might try to look for it at a cheaper price since i like the looks of the game but the frustration of getting in and out of certain areas and finding out their locked to subs so keep missing out on alot thinking i could go back since a 2nd playthrough isnt appealing
It's got enough content that paying full price was justified for once.

User Info: balmung2100

balmung2100
2 weeks ago#49
bubbascal2 posted...
Oh man, are you one of those people who downvote a reply because it's useless to you on Reddit?

Maybe you should try and... I dunno, rearrange your schedule? Chances are you aren't too "busy", you just aren't planning right or you should get a different job.

It's very possible to be too busy for games. Actually, a couple of hours here and there as he stated is very normal for someone who's main priority isn't gaming.

Perhaps he has other hobbies, kids or a side business to manage. Either way, a little common sense would have told you that.
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
2 weeks ago#50
balmung2100 posted...
bubbascal2 posted...
Oh man, are you one of those people who downvote a reply because it's useless to you on Reddit?

Maybe you should try and... I dunno, rearrange your schedule? Chances are you aren't too "busy", you just aren't planning right or you should get a different job.

It's very possible to be too busy for games. Actually, a couple of hours here and there as he stated is very normal for someone who's main priority isn't gaming.

Perhaps he has other hobbies, kids or a side business to manage. Either way, a little common sense would have told you that.

As someone with 2 kids, I can attest to this. Gaming time is limited to Friday/Saturday nights after everyone else goes to bed (assuming I don't go to bed with my wife) and/or early Saturday/Sunday morning when my kids wake up but I let my wife sleep in. There's no "rearranging" my schedule.

Not everyone can (or wants) to "rearrange" their life just to play video games more. I, personally, would have to take a massive pay cut most likely if I "[got] a different job", and I have a super flexible schedule and an amazing job so why would I even do that?
~Prepare the laser beam. We're gonna use it tonight.
Engage the laser beam. It's gonna end your life.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. A month later, was this game worth buying?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers