• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Almost done with File 12

User Info: ThunderNinja96

ThunderNinja96
4 weeks ago#1
The missions I have left right now are R3-12 and R3-15, both long gauntlets where one mistake takes you all the way to the beginning. I hate that s*** so I’m taking a break but I’d love help. Especially with the missions you have to do right before the Secret Boss mission.
GOTY 2020: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Official GameFAQs Account of The Hypist. Mains Shulk & Banjo

User Info: Tiptap

Tiptap
4 weeks ago#2
Which parts of those missions are you having trouble with?

User Info: ThunderNinja96

ThunderNinja96
4 weeks ago#3
Tiptap posted...
Which parts of those missions are you having trouble with?

I was doing fine with R3-15 until the section with the Shield enemies cause I didn’t expect much of a challenge since the waves were tame up until then. For R3-12 it’s really a slog to get through and I made it up to Ares but yet again the shield enemies make it such a pain to fight him.
GOTY 2020: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Official GameFAQs Account of The Hypist. Mains Shulk & Banjo

User Info: Tiptap

Tiptap
4 weeks ago#4
This is how I approach the Shell-type chimeras.
Link: Ride up to the current with Beast, switch to Sword without dismounting which will place me directly into blade mode, cut the link (usually with slo-mo), and go into the sync attack. The aim with the sync attack is very iffy, but it's free damage under invincibility frames. Best case scenario is you do enough damage to rip out the core. If not, and you have to run, you may have the chance to leave a Crash Bomb.

Bubble: Hit rush with Arms will crack it open and stun it. The nice thing about this is that you can leave immediately if you're being chased.

Flying: This one comes down with a few shots from your pistol. At this point, it's vulnerable to Gravity Storm, and you can hit it with an Axe 360 sync attack or leave a Crash Bomb.

Burrow: No other way except to dig it up.

Be patient. If you have to, chip them to death with Crash Bombs and Hit Rushes.

R3-12
Keep Ares near the end of the map, particularly for when you break it apart and start doing serious damage to it. The first pair of shield chimeras (link and burrow) spawn, closer to where you spawned, when you get Ares to about 2/3 health; ideally, it should still be small so its movement will be impaired and the Shell-types won't get to it fast enough. Use Slow Shot and/or Howl if you need to. Kill the two quickly before working on Ares again.

Two shield chimeras (bubble and flying) and an ice Hum chimera will spawn at the same end as the first two once Ares gets to about 1/2 health. Take your time and kill the bubble-type first. After, you can draw the flying-type down and use fusion to kill it. Take care of the Hum chimera and Ares should go down easily.

R3-15
Bubble-type is the easiest to deal with first. Let Arms break the bubble while you run around on Beast. I'd go for the link-type next; these die very quickly. Next is the flying-type and then the burrow-type. Use Gravity Storm, Slow Shot and Howl for crowd management. Even if you only interrupt the shell chimeras, it's still another chimera that loses it's immunity to those three skills.

Ideally, you'll have Super Armor Omega on Axe or Beast. If you come under heavy attack, you can switch to either one to block or run away before taking a lot of damage.

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
4 weeks ago#5
Enemies with shells around them can be safely dispatched by doing the Hold-attack while riding the dog, followed by a Synch. You wield the Gladius while doing this, breaking their shell. They're stunned when the shield breaks, so that's an easy kill.

Regarding shield-generator foes, note that if you know the spawn you can use Arrow Legion's bullet-time aim to kill them as they spawn.

For R3-12, rush them down. Activate Blue Shield and Gravity Bomb and just spam 360-synch with Axe to kill things immediately. You don't want enemies to get a chance to attack in this one as they can take controle of the situation quite fast if you let them. For the final area use Gravity Bomb with 360-synch again, save Howl and Slow-Shot if you screw up. The final boss just use Slow Shot and a Hitrush with one legion (arrow works) and spam 360-synch with Axe again.Once he goes into bits and pieces again do Gravity Bomb + 360--synch with Axe spam. Be sure to spawn-camp the shield generators where possible.

You can also use Fusion with Effect Spread Slow. Your projectiles in Fusion keep those stats, so you can basically lock fights down with this.

R3-15 is really damned easy iirc.

Only one I found remotely challenging was R3-W which is fairly long and has a pretty brutal end-fight if you're not prepared.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: htaeD

htaeD
4 weeks ago#6
I already am having trouble with just the high end R1s (like for the Raven set)
I get interrupted too often. One time getting hit usually means 5 more free attacks for the enemy.
3DS FC: 3437-4283-5849 IGN: Alice

Raeng
4 weeks ago#7
> I get interrupted too often.
Don't let them attack is the name of the game. You have Gravity Bomb, Howl, Slow Shot, not to mention two Legion Abilities (Blade Mode and Shoot) that have timeslow. The Arm Form has full armour. Riding Beast is invincible. Arm has a shield. Use your abilities and most enemies cannot even touch you, or they'll die long before they can get a hit off.

> One time getting hit usually means 5 more free attacks for the enemy.

Dodge backwards. If you have Beast or Arm equipped, their dodge-sync is fully i.framed. Otherwise, open the Legion menu and dismiss your legion, and summon it again, you'll get a Perfect Call. You can also equip Parry if you want as an ability and use that. Unless it's a true-string, you can also ride Beast after one hit to escape or equip Arm - that one has super-armour as noted before, so you can at least escape.

Good luck!

User Info: htaeD

htaeD
4 weeks ago#8
Thanks. I seem to always forgot I have Gravity Bomb
3DS FC: 3437-4283-5849 IGN: Alice

Raeng
4 weeks ago#9
It's a fantastic move, since even if it doesn't 'effect' all enemies, it puts them in an animation where they cannot attack for about 10 seconds, which is fantastic.

User Info: Lukathegreat

Lukathegreat
4 weeks ago#10
It's an amazing wave-opener if you're not sure what's coming, it gives you some time to think the best approach.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Almost done with File 12
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers