• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. No matter how many times I try I just can't like this game.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
4 weeks ago#11
Take a look at that material. It's clear who the nut is.

You got called out and exposed. Deal with it.

User Info: Luna_the_wolf

Luna_the_wolf
4 weeks ago#12
But that whole thing started with me telling something that happened to me, and that kid coming from nowhere and accusing me of lying. It's only getting 'exposed' if I was really lying. Between me and God, I know I was telling the truth. I guess nothing else should matter.

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
4 weeks ago#13
Dude, I don't agree with them trying to bully you on other topics but it does seem weird that your opinion of the game drastically changed. And you said you were gonna leave the board earlier in the other topic.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
4 weeks ago#14
OracleGunner posted...
Luna is the guy 5hadows is talking about.

Oh darn, I knew I remembered the name from somewhere. Cheers.

Luna_the_wolf posted...
But you'll side with that nut because I happen to not like a game that you do? That's cool, bro.

No, we side with 'the nut' because we've known him for more than a few years and I've seen you act this way on other boards too. If you don't like the title, why are you even here?

On topic: Astral Chain is fantastic.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
4 weeks ago#15
>If you don't like the title, why are you even here?
And why the refusal to learn mechanics from the good players on here? I notice this guy has steered clear of the 'Tips and Tech' topic. I remember back on the Transformers Devastation board on release, there were clones of this guy posting their hatred on almost every topic, but they never posted in the tech thread. Maybe seeing how wrong they are is too much for them after they've publicly screamed 'button masher, one button combat, shallow combat', etc.

User Info: SammyKneen

SammyKneen
4 weeks ago#16
After finishing Astral Chain last night I do have to say it was overall slightly disappointing to me, even though I did enjoy it.

The combat is great when you get your rhythm going, and the soundtrack is out of this world, but the story took way too much from NieR: Automata but without any of the nuance or philosophical questions that NieR had, and the silent main character really killed any investment I had in them. I personally feel that a lot of the elements don’t gel together as well as they do in Platinum/Clover’s previous works.

Whereas Okami and NieR feel like cohesive packages that balanced each of their elements perfectly, Astral Chain just feels a little too bogged down by repetitive detective work and awkward platforming sections that brings down the pace of the game.

Overall I’d give it somewhere between a 7 and an 8 out of 10.

User Info: Tipsentech

Tipsentech
4 weeks ago#17
New_Birdman posted...
And why the refusal to learn mechanics from the good players on here? I notice this guy has steered clear of the 'Tips and Tech' topic. I remember back on the Transformers Devastation board on release, there were clones of this guy posting their hatred on almost every topic, but they never posted in the tech thread. Maybe seeing how wrong they are is too much for them after they've publicly screamed 'button masher, one button combat, shallow combat', etc.

Tips and Tech is very dry and devoid of opinions he would clog it up with complaints and he knows it so he steers clear, he has some decency. Now Devastation is a damn fine game and you are so right, people lump it in with Korra or TMNT and it is so far above those games. Should be in contention as Platinum's best.

User Info: UbberDevil

UbberDevil
4 weeks ago#18
Tipsentech posted...
New_Birdman posted...

Tips and Tech is very dry and devoid of opinions he would clog it up with complaints and he knows it so he steers clear, he has some decency. Now Devastation is a damn fine game and you are so right, people lump it in with Korra or TMNT and it is so far above those games. Should be in contention as Platinum's best.

The problem with Devastation is that you have to do some digging to figure out that all those mechanics are even present as the game bears absolutely no mention of the "style meter". Astral Chain is probably the best Platinum has done to let you know what you can do and how to do it. Wonderful 101 was mechanically my favorite of their games but there's so much going on you really have to sit down and try stuff that the game won't tell you about.

Sure it's satisfying to figure all of it out but not enough people are going to bother if you don't present this information. I'm really glad that Platinum is learning this and being better about it. This game's success may have proven that it's worth doing.
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. No matter how many times I try I just can't like this game.
  • Topic Archived