• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. I'm kinda surprised more people aren't complaining about the camera

User Info: -FSL

-FSL
3 weeks ago#31
OracleGunner posted...
But there's no need for corrections so long as the little circle in in the correct platform.
You need it when you hit a rock or guardrail that stops you short from reaching your target because your body is much wider than the chain that connects the two points.

OracleGunner posted...
The last bit only happened to me once and that was because I landed on the very edge of the platform. But that was a me thing. Not the fault of the platforming itself.
It's inconsistent which way the Legion gets moved (pushed is probably more accurate). In a Legion-wide gap present constantly in the scaffolding outside the Astral Plane, I've had to do a dodge in the air to account for the Legion not moving fully. It's not common, but you can't call platforming problem-free if the results aren't consistent outside your own fault.

OracleGunner posted...
During the jump itself? Yeah, but when picking the landing point? No.
Your Legion "rides" the platform as well, so jumping between fairly large flat platforms are more consistent to perform than jumping from two stationary points with decorative geometry where you have all the time in the world to setup.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/gothwood9

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#32
-FSL posted...
You need it when you hit a rock or guardrail that stops you short from reaching your target because your body is much wider than the chain that connects the two points.

Unless you're near the edge of your platform.

-FSL posted...
It's inconsistent which way the Legion gets moved (pushed is probably more accurate). In a Legion-wide gap present constantly in the scaffolding outside the Astral Plane, I've had to do a dodge in the air to account for the Legion not moving fully. It's not common, but you can't call platforming problem-free if the results aren't consistent outside your own fault.

Never experienced that one. Usually they'll be pushed either forward or to the side depending on where my body lands.

-FSL posted...
Your Legion "rides" the platform as well, so jumping between fairly large flat platforms are more consistent to perform than jumping from two stationary points with decorative geometry where you have all the time in the world to setup.

Fair enough.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: Thanatos2k

Thanatos2k
3 weeks ago#33
-FSL posted...
No he's right and wrong at the same time. In a totally calm environment with no pressure you can still screw up an advanced chain jump. You can even screw up regular chain jumps if your legion isn't well beyond the edge of a platform despite where the target insignia is and get caught by guardrails and random rocks in any environment where you chain jump with them present. The camera isn't pointed in a straight line towards your target landing point and your chain doesn't accurately reflect the direct path you'll take when jumping if you twist and turn your legion around before reaching a good spot to jump to.

The legion target indicator not being where you land is a problem. The slight collision that sometimes happens with the legion when you land and moves you is a problem. The fact that your character slides a little when they land is a problem. The fact that touching any stray rock while jumping or landing completely screws up the jump is a problem. The camera not lining up with the jump in a straight line is a problem. The camera being complete garbage during a chain jump around a pillar is a problem.

Which is why the platforming is NOT fine, regardless of the forum warrior's protestations.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Akuma_Kinomoto

Akuma_Kinomoto
3 weeks ago#34
can I ask how the platforming is a problem when Arrow Nemesis is easily the hardest platforming challenge in the game and that happens as early as File 03 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The only challenge I've had is landing on a lower platform, but those are never high pressure situations to start with
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Akito_Kinomoto

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#35
Akuma_Kinomoto posted...
can I ask how the platforming is a problem when Arrow Nemesis is easily the hardest platforming challenge in the game and that happens as early as File 03 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The only challenge I've had is landing on a lower platform, but those are never high pressure situations to start with

Because it's not exact and it's somewhat annoying to get stuck on the terrain while trying to jump. Or something like that.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#36
Thanatos2k posted...
The legion target indicator not being where you land is a problem. The slight collision that sometimes happens with the legion when you land and moves you is a problem. The fact that your character slides a little when they land is a problem. The fact that touching any stray rock while jumping or landing completely screws up the jump is a problem. The camera not lining up with the jump in a straight line is a problem. The camera being complete garbage during a chain jump around a pillar is a problem.

It's not, unless you aim exactly on the edge, which you shouldn't since platforms are generous in size. See above. Same as before. If only you could move in such a way you wouldn't get stuck in the scenery. Eh what? The only time I can think of the camera being troublesome in chain jumping with pillars is when there's a wall in the middle, but you can see where your legion is and where the circle lands so it's not a problem.

Thanatos2k posted...
Which is why the platforming is NOT fine, regardless of the forum warrior's protestations.

It is fine. A lot of the s*** you complained about is a you issue. Also the class is gunner, not warrior edgeboy2000.

User Info: -FSL

-FSL
3 weeks ago#37
OracleGunner posted...
If only you could move in such a way you wouldn't get stuck in the scenery.
If only the game would tell you when your jump is going to be obstructed by the scenery before you commit to it.

If the Legion can go to the other side without an issue and I can leave the starting location without an issue, I shouldn't be able to fail the jump unless I'm launching myself into a wall. It doesn't matter how far beyond the edge you put your Legion, if you can't even reach the edge, it doesn't matter.

OracleGunner posted...
The only time I can think of the camera being troublesome in chain jumping with pillars is when there's a wall in the middle, but you can see where your legion is and where the circle lands so it's not a problem.
Yeah, I guess that's true. With the platforming being inconsistent, having the camera show you that you should've successfully made the jump before you plummet into a pit or the ground below would just be more infuriating.

OracleGunner posted...
Also the class is gunner, not warrior edgeboy2000.
Not sure if anyone in this community would get this reference, but totally just imagined this debate being in the form of a Danganronpa trial after seeing this.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/gothwood9
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Thanatos2k
3 weeks ago#38
OracleGunner posted...
It's not, unless you aim exactly on the edge, which you shouldn't since platforms are generous in size. See above. Same as before. If only you could move in such a way you wouldn't get stuck in the scenery. Eh what? The only time I can think of the camera being troublesome in chain jumping with pillars is when there's a wall in the middle, but you can see where your legion is and where the circle lands so it's not a problem.

Was this jumble supposed to be addressing things I said?

You're going with "you can see where the circle lands" as a response when the complaint is that the circle isn't accurate, which it quite clearly is not?

For a gunner, you sure miss the mark a lot.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#39
-FSL posted...
If only the game would tell you when your jump is going to be obstructed by the scenery before you commit to it.

If the Legion can go to the other side without an issue and I can leave the starting location without an issue, I shouldn't be able to fail the jump unless I'm launching myself into a wall. It doesn't matter how far beyond the edge you put your Legion, if you can't even reach the edge, it doesn't matter.

It does. You literally guide your legion to it, there's a bright chain even. While guiding your legion you can run into the scenery. And you should definitely have more than enough default chain length to make it to the other side.

Just gotta get closer to the edge of your platform in the case of most platforming sections that combine pillars and obstacles. I'd say all, but I haven't explored every single stage to death, so maybe there could be one where it's more complex. If you know an example then do specify where.

-FSL posted...
Not sure if anyone in this community would get this reference, but totally just imagined this debate being in the form of a Danganronpa trial after seeing this.

I will never understand the love for danganronppa.

Thanatos2k posted...
You're going with "you can see where the circle lands" as a response when the complaint is that the circle isn't accurate, which it quite clearly is not?

It is accurate though. It tells you where your legion is and since that serves as your anchor point you should know where you're landing. Unless you're blind. Or just bad at platforming. Do you just suck at this game? Is that why you can't specify? Is that why your excuses are so weak?

Thanatos2k posted...
For a gunner, you sure miss the mark a lot.

Since your counter is literally "I don't know how to platform therefore game is bad", you don't get to criticize s***.

Thanatos2k
3 weeks ago#40
OracleGunner posted...
It is accurate though. It tells you where your legion is and since that serves as your anchor point you should know where you're landing. Unless you're blind. Or just bad at platforming. Do you just suck at this game? Is that why you can't specify? Is that why your excuses are so weak?

Yeah, it's not worth even talking to you when all you have to offer is worthless nonsense like this.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. I'm kinda surprised more people aren't complaining about the camera
  • Post New Message