• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. I kind of wish I hadn't preordered this game

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
1 month ago#21
Yub93 posted...
OracleGunner posted...
Yub93 posted...
. I listed out the game flaws.

Of course you did honey. IIRC the one who agreed with you was the guy who only did the intro. Which lends so much weight to your "flaws".

Yub93 posted...
Just accept other opinions

Do you have any semblance of self awareness?

Peace and love

Things you lack. Now then, answer the question.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: BorAdFesao

BorAdFesao
1 month ago#22
Maybe you've just set your expectations too high and now you're felling a tad disappointed.
Give yourself a break from the game and try to come back later to see how you feel about it then.
I saw you saying that you say that you saw.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 month ago#23
I don't regret buying the game but my enjoyment did start to fall off around chapter 8.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#24
Never buy games digitally. Then again, I collect games so any version that is not physical makes no sense to me.

Sorry you feel that way about the game.

I’ll be the first to admit it’s not PG best game, but so far I am enjoying the story. Only up to file 5 but I have a rough idea of where things are heading.

Story and visuals are the only things I like, with combat being the least enjoyable part of the game surprisingly enough.

User Info: Suffermethis

Suffermethis
1 month ago#25
Basically Infinate slow mo with Sword and Arrow legion, beast legion auto evades near everything, shield legion services not required BUT can cornball easy as well.

I love the game with over 150 hours. Just after learn the fundamentals, every encounter plays almost the same. There is default built in cheese for anything. If die, its cause did not fall back on one of many surefire win options.

Not even ultimate mode pushed me to fully upgrade anything. Legions are all 5-6 level, weapons level 7. I've got the cash / the genes / the items...but why bother? Majority of foes in game can be killed, without player moving and only using one button ( sync counter )...LMFAO ok two buttons cause need to dismiss legion to loop the sync. Sword blade mode can get same, no player analog stick movement required loops. Hahahaha add in movement and the games foes are completely screwed.

So I completely understand why people might be let down with the combat. It's " fun " it's flashy, only it's also overtly braindead when go beyond the flash. One button while playing with ballsack braindead.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#26
Suffermethis posted...
So I completely understand why people might be let down with the combat. It's " fun " it's flashy, only it's also overtly braindead when go beyond the flash. One button while playing with ballsack braindead.

The big problem is that they painted themselves in a corner by having enemies that are too efficient at mobbing you senseless : they needed to code in very efficient cheese options and panic buttons.

They couldhave gone for some hidden formula where 1 enemy is super aggressive while the others are 4-5 times more passive, as to remove pressure from the player and create a more "samurai-movie" feeling.
My mother came to suspect that my father was having an affair with painter Frida Kahlo as she kept finding long black hairs on his clothes - eyebrow's.

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#27
Same here. Buyers remorse.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
1 month ago#28
This is why I don't give in to hype. I've been disappointed too many times because of it. If I see a game that looks interesting I'll put it on my radar, but "hype" is a thing I tend to avoid.

So that said this game has been pretty good for me so far.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: Suffermethis

Suffermethis
1 month ago#29
Salocool posted...
Suffermethis posted...

The big problem is that they painted themselves in a corner by having enemies that are too efficient at mobbing you senseless : they needed to code in very efficient cheese options and panic buttons.

They couldhave gone for some hidden formula where 1 enemy is super aggressive while the others are 4-5 times more passive, as to remove pressure from the player and create a more "samurai-movie" feeling.

Well if they could have achieved complete interdependence in regards to actually manually controlling character and legion...maybe they could have made an interesting battle system hahaha.

The samurai movie feeling is mass attack small foes for healing don't need, while pop the big slow telegraphed foes with whatever sync / combo / L1 / critical / weapon desire.

Beyond that can arggo foes and control thier placement to block other foes from getting in close. That in turn limits thier attack rates, or at least the attacks they have available.

Just game is built to be played stupid. Sure the baby's first action game of foe tropes can act like a cluster f***.....but all the baby's first action game tools negates them.

FFS not just the amount of slow motion the player gets, but how S L O W, how quickly recharges, critical / stun / stagger attacks available during / melee and ranged attacks / pronounced evasion.

Anyhow...if want a gameplay goal to spice it up. NO MOVEMENT. That's right, start solving single foes and encounters...with ZERO left stick player movement. LULZ after do that a bit in training and some missions......what an absolute joke the game can be is clear.

User Info: kidesper

kidesper
1 month ago#30
This is exactly how i feel, bought it digital also.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. I kind of wish I hadn't preordered this game
  • Topic Archived