• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Which game is better, Astral Chain or DMC 5?

User Info: TriforceX5

TriforceX5
1 month ago#21
DMC5 has better core combat for sure, but I overall enjoyed the plot and other aspects of this game more.

Astral Chain is an amazing first playthrough and a lot of fun with decent depth. DMC5 is a game you come back to and get better at the combat and skill.
Hi! I'm Tail Lover! I really love tails and think having one would feel extremely good!
Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/Tail__Lover

User Info: Luna_the_wolf

Luna_the_wolf
1 month ago#22
TriforceX5 posted...
DMC5 has better core combat for sure, but I overall enjoyed the plot and other aspects of this game more.

Astral Chain is an amazing first playthrough and a lot of fun with decent depth. DMC5 is a game you come back to and get better at the combat and skill.

I see myself wanting to do that with Astral Chain actually... well, for the most part. I 100% want to do some of the fights until I can get some better ranks, but there are a few things here and there I don't really look forward to repeating.

User Info: NoirRogue

NoirRogue
4 weeks ago#23
I don't think there's even any comparison to be made; they're on completely different levels. is a fun little game and I do enjoy it, but DMC5 is a mechanically rich masterpiece that has an incredibly open ended and expressive combat system that constantly pushes you to play better/differently. Especially for the whole "wanting to replay fights to get better ranks" thing, you'll be disappointed to know that AC just gives S+'s like it's nothing, and that the grading system is just "use a bunch of different moves", which does nothing to really push you to improve. I don't think there's a single action game out there that compares to DMC5 in combat and replayability.

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
4 weeks ago#24
NoirRogue posted...
I don't think there's even any comparison to be made; they're on completely different levels. is a fun little game and I do enjoy it, but DMC5 is a mechanically rich masterpiece that has an incredibly open ended and expressive combat system that constantly pushes you to play better/differently. Especially for the whole "wanting to replay fights to get better ranks" thing, you'll be disappointed to know that AC just gives S+'s like it's nothing, and that the grading system is just "use a bunch of different moves", which does nothing to really push you to improve. I don't think there's a single action game out there that compares to DMC5 in combat and replayability.
Exactly this. Astral Chain is a great game but DMC5 is the genre at it's peak.

User Info: ZetaStriker

ZetaStriker
4 weeks ago#25
Yep. DMC5 is the current character action GOAT. Astral Chain is absolutely a good character action game, but DMC5 is almost perfect.

User Info: Yub93

Yub93
4 weeks ago#26
jcgonzmo posted...
Ryu2968 posted...
NieR:Automata.

Nope. I beat the game, though it was overrated. I understand some people love it though.

Astral chain is overrated though
Currently playing: World of warcraft

User Info: 5hadows

5hadows
4 weeks ago#27
Wynvkius posted...
I don't think there's a single action game out there that compares to DMC5 in combat and replayability.

Bayo 1
Ninja Gaiden 1&2
MGR
DMC3 & 1
Edit: GoW 1 and 2
etc.

And that's on the "HnS genre alone", DMC5 isn't even universally accepted as the best DMC entry lol.

Haven't touched AC yet but so far it sounds way more rich(mechanic-wise) than DMC5 by miles.

jcgonzmo posted...
I heard so much from Nier that I was expecting something to blow my mind. It did not do it. I just did not get into the game.
1) I thought that the two first chapters where a waste of time considering that 2B and 9S went through similar situations. There was a lot of time wasting
2) Did not get into the OST that much. The only song I still listen thought is Become as Gods. Thought that was a very good song in a very powerful scene.
3) The bad guys were to EMO looking. Maybe when I was a kid I would have let that slide, but not today.
4) Combat seemed basic, specially coming from Bayo and Wonderful.

Nier: A is just an okay P* game being held by back a LOT of terrible decisions on Yoko Taro's side that were made to entertain non-HnS fans that go around flooding boards with the "Nier is the best action game ever" meme.
Ill add something here later....
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
4 weeks ago#28
I'm at File 11 now, and I have to give the nod to DMC V. Astral Chain's story is not very interesting, and while I love the world, not enough is done with it. Too many fetch quests that are disconnected from the story. Too many same-y environments.

I don't think DMCV is fantastic, however. Too many cutscenes (and I love cutscenes).
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: Valkenhyne

Valkenhyne
4 weeks ago#29
DM5 is whacky woohoo pizza, Astral Chain is slower paced but satisfying. Go with DMC5 if you like things a lil crazy.

User Info: DJ_0000

DJ_0000
4 weeks ago#30
DMC5 is more polished but also very paint by numbers, the game feels rather re-hashy in every area (combat, story, characters, etc). They added a couple new features but the game feels like something you've experienced many times before.

Astral Chain is a lot more fresh in it's ideas and feels much more unique but has a few niggling issues (frame rate, camera, awkward lock on, etc).

Both are fantastic games, and my favourites of this year but I would recommend Astral Chain more because it feels more fresh and unique. Play DMC5 when you get a chance though, it's a very good game.
Even van Gogh would call it a bloody good impression
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Which game is better, Astral Chain or DMC 5?
  • Post New Message