The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Which game is better, Astral Chain or DMC 5?

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo
2 months ago#1
Without spoiling, please explain.

User Info: Ryu2968

Ryu2968
2 months ago#2
NieR:Automata.
https://i.imgtc.com/TxsoPgD.png
"RWBY isn't popular" - Random idiots

jcgonzmo
2 months ago#3
Ryu2968 posted...
NieR:Automata.

Nope. I beat the game, though it was overrated. I understand some people love it though.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 months ago#4
jcgonzmo posted...
Nope. I beat the game, though it was overrated. I understand some people love it though.

How about explaining HOW it is overrated? This way, people can guide you towards which of DMC5 or Astral Chain you're likely to prefer.
My mother came to suspect that my father was having an affair with painter Frida Kahlo as she kept finding long black hairs on his clothes - eyebrow's.

jcgonzmo
2 months ago#5
Salocool posted...
jcgonzmo posted...

How about explaining HOW it is overrated? This way, people can guide you towards which of DMC5 or Astral Chain you're likely to prefer.

I am a FAN of Platinum. LOVED Bayonetta 1+2 and Wonderful 101.

I heard so much from Nier that I was expecting something to blow my mind. It did not do it. I just did not get into the game.
1) I thought that the two first chapters where a waste of time considering that 2B and 9S went through similar situations. There was a lot of time wasting
2) Did not get into the OST that much. The only song I still listen thought is Become as Gods. Thought that was a very good song in a very powerful scene.
3) The bad guys were to EMO looking. Maybe when I was a kid I would have let that slide, but not today.
4) Combat seemed basic, specially coming from Bayo and Wonderful.

User Info: PizzaRules

PizzaRules
2 months ago#6
Judging from your posts you will probably prefer dmc 5, but this game is great and worth a shot..

It's like a mash of all major platinum titles and it's fun, just a bit slower.
If a lot of people loved each other, the world would be a better place to live - Tommy Wiseau

User Info: megamannerd

megamannerd
2 months ago#7
DMC5 the combat feels better, the levels are more interesting, the secrets are more fun to get and don't feel like a chore, redoing old levels does not feel like a drag, and it has better music.

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
2 months ago#8
This game isn’t Bayo good. But if you loved Bayo, you’ll love DMC 5. Those two series are always compared for a reason.

DMC 5 was the absolute best action game this year imo. Flashy, amazing soundtrack, amazing graphics, variety, voice acting and a good challenge. I replayed it multiple times.

Sekiro was next but it’s kinda repetitive in its combat though I loved the realistic challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
2 months ago#9
DMC 5 was a lot of fun and got even better on harder difficulties (cept for V, but whatever). The story was forgettable but the gameplay is whats important.
Hi

User Info: EvilScythe

EvilScythe
2 months ago#10
Honestly, I thought DMC 5 sucked. V was horrible.. the level design was bland, music was good but thats about it for me. Also yeah,, story kinda sucked.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Which game is better, Astral Chain or DMC 5?
  • Topic Archived