• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Platforming is by far the worst part of this game

User Info: Teremei

Teremei
1 month ago#21
XxGhaleonxX posted...
Weird. I don’t hate the platforming and I actually really really like all the parts of the game like investigations and walking around the station.

Me also. I find myself really enjoying the astral plane action segments. But I love all parts of this game.
I love Switch so much that I'm getting New Model Switch AND Switch Lite!!

User Info: Twintellyamama

Twintellyamama
1 month ago#22
I have to agree I'm on chapter four and literally the two most frustrating parts of the game are platforming and that the dodge doesnt seem to work at all. The second may be because I'm new and need to get good, but witch time this is not. I have taken more damage trying to slash chains and falling then anything else in the game
Oof my legs

User Info: RollingSkull

RollingSkull
1 month ago#23
The platforming is still better than DMC4
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
1 month ago#24
The chain jump really needs to be refined, especially when chain jumping around pillars. This is my biggest complaint.

User Info: VZaiga

VZaiga
1 month ago#25
How do you even get to higher places in this? The Third Wheel on the last file is in a high place you can't reach.

User Info: RPGgamemaster6

RPGgamemaster6
1 month ago#26
VZaiga posted...
How do you even get to higher places in this? The Third Wheel on the last file is in a high place you can't reach.

There is always a way, you just have to look harder, there are no spots where you have to make your legion fly up to get you somewhere. Some people may have done it that way, but if you keep searching, there is always a way.
PSN: ChaosX6 | Xbox: Omni X Dragon | NS:
Brave Frontier: 38460098 [xOMNIx]

User Info: Naygen

Naygen
1 month ago#27
I just came to post this. I'm having fun as I'm gradually learning the combat and mechanics, but my god I lost more HP falling than in combat.
This really ruins the experience for me, jumping should NOT be this hard in a game like this.

I compare this to regular ol' jumping in Nier Automata, and even the biggest jumps would take a couple of tries at most. Here? The smallest of leaps takes me 3 tries and I lose all my small medicine trying to reach an optional treasure chest.

Nothing takes the immersion out of an epic otherdimensional beast yanking you to their platform quite like missing by an inch and falling off, or getting stuck on some crystal blocking your way.

In order to jump in an efficient way, I have to completely stand still and very slowly make sure I'm doing it right. Way to take style points off.

User Info: Luna_the_wolf

Luna_the_wolf
4 weeks ago#28
So I'm not the only one who thinks the platforming is jank? I... I thought this was a 'me' issue. Wrong again.

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
4 weeks ago#29
Luna_the_wolf posted...
So I'm not the only one who thinks the platforming is jank? I... I thought this was a 'me' issue. Wrong again.

Wow, looking up threads to confirm bias. How original.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: Luna_the_wolf

Luna_the_wolf
4 weeks ago#30
Well if you are going to say something is only in someone's head, you better damn well be sure it is before you open your mouth about it. How does it feel to be proved objectively wrong?
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Platforming is by far the worst part of this game
  • Post New Message