• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Platforming is by far the worst part of this game

User Info: HappyUnicorn101

HappyUnicorn101
1 month ago#1
And unfortunately also the biggest part. I've been wasting time jumping around more than I have been fighting.

The Chain Pull was a really fun technique to learn and the mobility is great but in practice it f***ing sucks outside of combat. It's so finicky, you have to line it up perfectly otherwise if you even graze a rail or random rock you will fall.

This game is really not what I thought it would be and honestly thinking back on all Platinum games, they really suck at making FUN platforming sections. All their platforming sections in most of their games have been tedious, stupid and bring the pacing to a halt.

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
1 month ago#2
Weird. I don’t hate the platforming and I actually really really like all the parts of the game like investigations and walking around the station.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985

User Info: trilight130

trilight130
1 month ago#3
I agree it's a massive pain when it doesn't need to be, it is definitely interesting and has a 'fun' potential but it ends up pissing me of the most about this game... I think the main issue is the floatyness of both your character and legion after you've stopped moving the stick makes it really hard to be precises. If they were to cut that additional movement by half then it would be much more reliable.

User Info: Losttraveler

Losttraveler
1 month ago#4
Yeah the platforming sucks, especially when you have to use those pillars to go around corners. Nothing better than jumping blindly.
"Never fear, Smith is here"

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
1 month ago#5
It adds a lot to the exploration and completionist aspect to the stages, since there are tons of hidden area/secret areas to look for. I dont see what the complain is.
LOL @ U

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
1 month ago#6
YanDaMan263 posted...
It adds a lot to the exploration and completionist aspect to the stages, since there are tons of hidden area/secret areas to look for. I dont see what the complain is.

It wouldn't be an issue if you don't get caught on the smallest stuff and end up falling off a cliff.

It's a neat concept but I think it could've used a bit of leeway.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
1 month ago#7
Banjo2553 posted...
It wouldn't be an issue if you don't get caught on the smallest stuff and end up falling off a cliff.

It's a neat concept but I think it could've used a bit of leeway.

After playing more and needlessly falling because of some stupid hang up, I can see how people are annoyed. Maybe they’ll patch it where you can kinda just clip through walls during these segments.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
1 month ago#8
XxGhaleonxX posted...
After playing more and needlessly falling because of some stupid hang up, I can see how people are annoyed. Maybe they’ll patch it where you can kinda just clip through walls during these segments.

Yeah, either clip through or have your character kinda slide around the obstacle if it's blocking less than like 30% of the character model.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
1 month ago#9
the amount of damage from a fall is atrocious considering how much you fall.
Also Unchained isn't even a proper easy mode, it's 'fight the game playing the g ame for you'
Put this in your sig if you are against having another fire fighting starter.
Actually don't, gamefreak doesn't care about gamefaqs signatures.
This game feels really really slow for a platinum game, and does not even have the benefit of clever writing or an interesting protagonist to distract you from it.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.
  1. Boards
  2. Astral Chain
  3. Platforming is by far the worst part of this game
  • Post New Message