This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Maker 2
  3. Looks like this game got abandoned just like Super Mario Party

User Info: keyslayer

keyslayer
3 months ago#1
*sigh*

User Info: sh1234

sh1234
3 months ago#2
Can't guarantee that. They could just randomly drop any updates on Twitter, we'll have to see...
SMM2: S8Q-W4R-40H

User Info: Robot99

Robot99
3 months ago#3
All SMM1's updates were shadow dropped, and quite randomly at that. We'll have to wait and see...

(Plus, they did promise online with friends...)
All-time favorites: Super Mario Galaxy and Pokemon Platinum Version. Fight me.
Super Mario Maker 2 ID: 0DV-9NP-WXG / Super Mario Maker 1: https://bit.ly/2I3J0EZ

sh1234
3 months ago#4
Robot99 posted...
All SMM1's updates were shadow dropped, and quite randomly at that. We'll have to wait and see...

I looked a minute ago to say this but I think the first update, keys, was in a Direct.

But yes, they did promise.........

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
3 months ago#5
sh1234 posted...
Robot99 posted...

I looked a minute ago to say this but I think the first update, keys, was in a Direct.

Checkpoints were announced in a Direct.
Super Mario Maker 2: BlackRain* XDY-6B2-1KF
Super Mario Maker profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/BlackRain8782?type=posted

User Info: Adell

Adell
3 months ago#6
Robot99 posted...

Tezuka-san didn't say when, though. It could be released in 2021. This game is complete. I expect that the only major update it will ever receive is the online play with friends update.

User Info: AKWorld

AKWorld
3 months ago#7
Adell posted...
Robot99 posted...

Tezuka-san didn't say when, though. It could be released in 2021. This game is complete. I expect that the only major update it will ever receive is the online play with friends update.

A level editor game is never really complete.

User Info: Robot99

Robot99
3 months ago#8
sh1234 posted...
Robot99 posted...

As Stanger says above me, it was the Checkpoint update (keys were much later, with the P-door and Fire Clown Car updates coming first).

I don't believe it was in a Direct, though - for several months after Iwata passed away, there were no Directs, and this was definitely in that time period.
All-time favorites: Super Mario Galaxy and Pokemon Platinum Version. Fight me.
Super Mario Maker 2 ID: 0DV-9NP-WXG / Super Mario Maker 1: https://bit.ly/2I3J0EZ

sh1234
3 months ago#9
Robot99 posted...
sh1234 posted...
Robot99 posted...

As Stanger says above me, it was the Checkpoint update (keys were much later, with the P-door and Fire Clown Car updates coming first).

I don't believe it was in a Direct, though - for several months after Iwata passed away, there were no Directs, and this was definitely in that time period.

Oh yeah ok. Only had the 3DS version of the original!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Maker 2
  3. Looks like this game got abandoned just like Super Mario Party
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers