This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Maker 2
  3. Don't forget to boo levels you find in Endless Mode if they're garbage.

User Info: Malnourished

Malnourished
6 days ago#1
You too can help Expert and Super Expert become playable. Boo every level that has a Thwomp dangling over spawn, or hidden block over a pit, or "troll door" that leads to a room that just kills you instantly.

Anything that needs over 20+ tries is fine if you're one of those people that likes making levels like that, but lives become something you actually need in Endless Mode, and having a stage that needs to be learned and studied from every death that you couldn't possibly react to is super annoying.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-xldp1VUAEMT-D.jpg

There's a lesson about this in the game, MULTIPLE ones about treating the player fairly, but it appears everyone's ignored it. Didn't even gloss over the list to see that it's in there like two or three times in a vain attempt to stop people from doing s*** like this.
One more time, with feeling!

User Info: Oynx545

Oynx545
6 days ago#2
Lol, I'm more willing to like every single course I ever run across, regardless of quality, if it makes someone willing to try and maybe like one of my courses. Maybe then my courses will show up in good player's super expert run and give it a try.

Being a kaizo maker is very, very tough in this game. It's literally be a popular uploader or bust.

I'll wait on that for like a month or so.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: VoltaicOwl

VoltaicOwl
6 days ago#3
I don't like kaizo levels, but I don't want to boo them indiscriminately either. I'm not sure I could really tell the difference between good kaizo and bad kaizo.

Malnourished
6 days ago#4
If enough people boo them, they'll at least be taken out of Endless Mode. Probably. I don't know how it works exactly. But considering levels like these aren't fun, you should be doing it anyway.

If you see that the floor is entirely spikes or bottomless pit and that the level is also full of pixel perfect jumps you need to do at a full sprint, the level is probably bad. Nobody considers Endless Mode when they make their level, where you actually have a limited amount of lives, and losing one or two because you thought this level would be playable is actually super annoying.

Oynx545
6 days ago#5
Malnourished posted...
If enough people boo them, they'll at least be taken out of Endless Mode. Probably. I don't know how it works exactly. But considering levels like these aren't fun, you should be doing it anyway.

If you see that the floor is entirely spikes or bottomless pit and that the level is also full of pixel perfect jumps you need to do at a full sprint, the level is probably bad. Nobody considers Endless Mode when they make their level, where you actually have a limited amount of lives, and losing one or two because you thought this level would be playable is actually super annoying.
Well you could just skip if you come across a hard level. I've seen some players skip a hard level and comeback to it later because it looked good.

Your suggestions seem very inconsiderate.

Malnourished
6 days ago#6
Oynx545 posted...
Well you could just skip if you come across a hard level. I've seen some players skip a hard level and comeback to it later because it looked good.

These morons building levels that need perfect timing and knowing how to do shell jumps seem very inconsiderate, so I guess we're even.

User Info: Norkuy

Norkuy
6 days ago#7
Don't tell me what to do. I'll like and boo whatever I want. Last time I checked Endless Expert/Super Expert is playable and better than Mario Maker 1 ever was. You should do Easy or Normal Endless if you are finding it unplayable. Problem Solved.

Since this topic caught my attention, I'll be sure to like every "kaizo" level I run into on Expert/Super Expert.
EA Sports. It's In The Gun.
(edited 6 days ago)

Oynx545
6 days ago#8
Malnourished posted...
Oynx545 posted...

These morons building levels that need perfect timing and knowing how to do shell jumps seem very inconsiderate, so I guess we're even.
Well I make shell jump levels because I like them and for other people that like them. There's an audience for these levels.

I don't have to worry about being "considerate" because I expect the person to use their brain and not play the level if they can't do it. It's usually rather obvious if you're playing a shell level or not. Maybe Nintendo should have given more lives for the endless challenge, you think?

User Info: Agent-Retro

Agent-Retro
6 days ago#9
Surprisingly I haven't booed too many. I found that most of the levels I've played in MM2 seem much better then 1, or at least whatever system they are using to weed out ones that aren't as fun.
Malnourished posted...

Wait a minute
Malnourished posted...
boo levels that are too hard for me.

FTFY
Switch FC-4593-5856-7004
@gaming_player won my 99 stock death match prediction competition. ban this guy https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/ArroganceMalice
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Maker 2
  3. Don't forget to boo levels you find in Endless Mode if they're garbage.