• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Need ideas for a good party (spoilers)

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
1 month ago#11
Godric1696 posted...
Was thinking of adding Aerie, Anomen, and another but not sure if adding Aerie with Imoen makes me spell caster heavy as a sorcerer.

My party is Mage, Edwin, Imoen...

along with Jahiera, Anomen, and Valygar.

It's a little boring against mobs when you're relying on backline missilers. Shopping for spells for three mages is also a little boring.

There's that portion of the game where the back line is taking front line damage because of backstabbing thieves. Hooray for double priestly healing power.

Ambushes with lots of archers maybe aren't fun.

Being able to cast Confusion, etc. a lot more than once is very helpful. Being aggroed by melee is not a problem unless its ridiculous stuff like double speed golems or something. One of your mages having to run like a chicken means your other mages still get to cast Confusion. All of your mages having to run like chickens means all of your fighters get to fire missile. Actually sometimes golem fights are not winnable without good preparation. Maybe that's a design feature?
"The sacrifices must be made"--Spider-Man: The Animated Series
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Godric1696

Godric1696
1 month ago#12
Backstabs are awful. I try to keep mirror image up when I can. I ended up going

Sorcerer
Korgan
Minsc
Jaheira
Viconia
Yoshimo

i hit 18 reputation already as I’m almost done clearing all content before I pay the shadow thieves but I just picked off a kid with Korgan safely and back at 9-10 rep again.

FFRK: Y8Bi
Divine Veil Grimoire (461 Mind)

Godric1696
1 month ago#13
And golems are usually hurt best by blunt weapons!

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
1 month ago#14
I wouldn't call backstabs awful. Especially when you are dealing with mages. Nothing like just removing one of the biggest threats from the fight instantly.

Clay golems require blunt weapons to be hurt at all.
Bone Golems (who aren't undead) are merely (50%) resistant to slashing and immune if I recall to piercing.
Flesh Golems however can be hurt equally by everything, and for some reason, stone golems as well, other than magic anyway.
Adamantite golems are 90% resistant to everything, and completely immune to magic.
Sand Golems and Juggernaut Golems (I only ever saw one through Limited Wish) are also taking full damage from blunt weapons.
Iron Golems just need a +3 weapon to be hit, and are immune to magic.
Watcher Keeps' Ice Golem is mostly just immune to cold, electric and acid, taking full, or near full, damage from everything else.

So generally, a blunt weapon is definitely going to be useful when dealing with golems, but thank goodness you won't need it on iron or adamantine golems.
Especially the adamantine golems. Ugh. Never a fun fight.
https://youtu.be/2oRjIPt__gw
WAAAAAAGH!

Godric1696
1 month ago#15
Thank you for the detailed post Strelok I was not aware of the combos.

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
1 month ago#16
I admit I had to look some up, as I could SWEAR iron golems also had resistance to piercing and slashing, but it looks like I was wrong. Just +3 or higher required.
There is a lot of cool stuff behind the scenes, like Bone Golems not being Undead.
That kind of explains why I never managed to Turn them and why things like Sunray and Dawnstars ability flat out don't work.

Things I used to know, and currently had flat out forgotten.
https://youtu.be/2oRjIPt__gw
WAAAAAAGH!

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
2 weeks ago#17
Godric1696 posted...
And golems are usually hurt best by blunt weapons!

Yeah, and they hurt everyone with their blunt weapons equally.
"The sacrifices must be made"--Spider-Man: The Animated Series
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Need ideas for a good party (spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A