• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Need ideas for a good party (spoilers)

User Info: Godric1696

Godric1696
1 month ago#1
I played this game many years ago, and recently again as I've started to go through it. I have

Main (Sorcerer)
Korgan
Minsc
Jaheira
Viconia
Yoshimo >>>> Imoen

I want to restart BG II but I still want my main to be a sorcerer, and would like to keep Minsc, Jaheira and (maybe) Imoen. I feel like story-wise its great but not sold on Imoen.

Was thinking of adding Aerie, Anomen, and another but not sure if adding Aerie with Imoen makes me spell caster heavy as a sorcerer.

Nothing has triggered in this game so far with Viconia and I heard she leaves at the end and I want to continue into throne of bhaal with my party. I never went beyond that party before and don't really care for the chatter with Viconia. Any ideas are helpful.
FFRK: Y8Bi
Divine Veil Grimoire (461 Mind)

Godric1696
1 month ago#2
I should note I am playing the enhanced edition on a Mac, no mods here.

Godric1696
1 month ago#3
Im thinking

Main (Sorcerer)
Minsc
Jaheira
Keldorn
Aerie (Cleric)
Yoshimo >>> Imoen

That should be good I think. Dunno if I wanna deal with Anomen he was gonna be my cleric.

Godric1696
1 month ago#4
Hmm if I keep Viconia it seems she doesn't romance with elves so I guess that's why it never started. can someone confirm this.

User Info: Sir Cyrus

Sir Cyrus
1 month ago#5
"Viconia can be romanced by male player characters who are human, half-elf, half-orc or halfling; she will not respond to elves, dwarves or gnomes."
Sigless for now.

User Info: Sir Cyrus

Sir Cyrus
1 month ago#6
Oh and I'm sorry I didn't give any input on the party. I feel like that's up to personal preference, and knowing about possible conflicts/events beforehand kind of spoils the fun!
Sigless for now.

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
1 month ago#7
I always like Viconia,Aerie and Jaheira in one party, they are constantly bickering and fighting over you it's hilarious.
If you want to see Aerie cry even more for some reason this is the setup.

Just be careful you don't scare Aerie off, you can talk her down from leaving and eventually the 3 will get along.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: konokonohamaru

konokonohamaru
1 month ago#8
Your party looks fine. Either Anomen or Aerie would be fine as a cleric. Anomen more beefy and can tank/fight a little, Aerie more utility with her arcane magic. imo, both their personalities are annoying haha

Spoiler: Kheldorn's personal quest may have you choose to let him leave the party forever. You can keep him, but you may feel like doing so is against the roleplay of your character. So just keep that in mind
A very happy young man looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.

Godric1696
1 month ago#9
Thanks for the input everyone. Appreciate the heads-up.
Aerie can either be the best tank or the best artillery depending on how you equip her and set up her spells. This is by virtue of her being a cleric/mage.

She can even be a decent melee damage dealer with the right spells/buffs. Although she will never be the best melee damage dealer.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Need ideas for a good party (spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A