• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Finally getting into this game...

User Info: Helicaterpillar

Helicaterpillar
5 months ago#1
Baldur's Gate 3 EA release gave me the urge to play this game which I had gotten on GOG 8 years or so ago.

I played and beat BG1 back then and loved it so I decided to buy the sequel but never got around to it due to other things side tracking my life.

So far I've gotten up to the start of Chapter 3 and really loving the plot. The one thing I miss from BG1 was how the maps somehow connected well into the entire play field.

However all the areas in BG2 are much more interesting and diverse. For a game 20 years old, it is absolutely one of the best RPGs I have played.

Hope to play BG3 after they are done releasing all the chapters.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Sir Cyrus

Sir Cyrus
5 months ago#2
Glad to see you like it. BG1 and 2 definitely still have their charm.
The true knight would save the virgin from being sacrificed.
The true adventurer would ensure that she could never be a virgin sacrifice again.

User Info: red255

red255
5 months ago#3
Ok.

Many people with this sort of opening post have some sort of confusion about something.

But you at least played bg1 so your confusion should be more limited.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: SwedishWargoat

SwedishWargoat
5 months ago#4
BG2 is one of the greatest games ever made. The story is awesome.
Swedish Wargoat reviews Indie Games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJV8TJwaDRDD99yVPNhGQjw/videos

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
5 months ago#5
SwedishWargoat posted...
BG2 is one of the greatest games ever made. The story is awesome.
I wouldn't say so. It's novel... but the game doesn't hold up.

User Info: konokonohamaru

konokonohamaru
5 months ago#6
I find that BG2 holds up very well in terms of replayability. I think it's a lot to do with the non-linear questing, the class-specific strongholds, the many ways to roleplay, and the diverse cast of characters
A very happy young man looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Finally getting into this game...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A