• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: konokonohamaru

konokonohamaru
3 months ago#31
regardless of if there's a good explanation of how he got strong, it's just dumb to make Viekang into anything other than a brief cameo
A very happy young man looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
3 months ago#32
Worse, ot overrid the ending(s) given in the game.
The ultimate middle finger.
https://youtu.be/2oRjIPt__gw
WAAAAAAGH!

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
3 months ago#33
Frizzurd posted...
Yeah, but handy enough to to take out the one who tangled with Demogorgon?.

TBH the canon PC Bhaalspawn is Abdel Adrian from the crappy novels, so it's safe to assume he did none of these things and got easily taken down by Viekang.
Hello
(edited 3 months ago)

Strelok
3 months ago#34
I find those novels weird.
Minsc is a waiter at the Copper Coronet and has red hair. And no Boo.

Yet the comics, which are also canon have the good and proper Minsc.

What kind of multiverse s*** is this? Do we get to Zen-O-sama the wrong timeline/universes?
WAAAAAAGH!

User Info: -______-

-______-
3 months ago#35
AzeaBraxi posted...

Seems unlikely, as I understand not only are they all dead, but Bhaal even got resurrected at the moment the last two (Viekang and BG's protagonist) killed each other.

Strelok posted...
Yep.
Worse, it is after the ToB events, you know, when Bhaals essence is gone.

He attacks the novel Bhaalspawn, they fight, the victor, who is unknown, turns into the Slayer and goes apes*** before being put down by the city guard.
Somehow, this revives Bhaal.

f***ing bulls***.

Strelok posted...
I find those novels weird.
Minsc is a waiter at the Copper Coronet and has red hair. And no Boo.

Yet the comics, which are also canon have the good and proper Minsc.

What kind of multiverse s*** is this? Do we get to Zen-O-sama the wrong timeline/universes?

wtf is this s*** jesus christ
-______-

Strelok
3 months ago#36
Apparently, in one of the edition changes, WotC decided that Viekang returned and fought with Aiden, the protagonist in the (very, very awful) Baldurs Gate novels. These novels are so bad that they are legendary. Many characters don't act as they should, there is an unnecessary lesbian bathscene between Imoen and Phaere (and it is solely there as "fanservice"), Minsc is a redheaded waiter at the Copper Coronet and... I don't even know where to begin. They are truly awful books.

However, WotC decided that Aiden, after becoming a mortal and being effectively one of the most powerful people on Faerun at this point, becomes the Duke of Baldurs Gate. Then, at some gathering, Viekang arrives. They fight. The victor is "unknown". One of the two turned into the Slayer, killed the other, went on a rampage until the guard put it down.
There are some issues with this.
For one, Bhaals essence has been destroyed. There can not be a Slayer.
Then we have that Aiden literally tangled with a demigod and survived. Viekang never fought in his life as he teleports away constantly. Then we have that Viekang has no motive to fight Aiden at all, there is no more Throne of Bhaal to claim. The essence is destroyed.
WotC just went with "Oh no, not really, that was all a lie, lolz!"

So they pretty much retconned everything in the game. Yay.
WAAAAAAGH!

User Info: konokonohamaru

konokonohamaru
3 months ago#37
Wow. Whoever wrote it deserves a butt kicking... for goodness!
A very happy young man looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.

User Info: Sir Cyrus

Sir Cyrus
3 months ago#38
I've read the novel where Minsc has red hair. It's the only thing I remember from the novel, luckily. It was terrible.
The true knight would save the virgin from being sacrificed.
The true adventurer would ensure that she could never be a virgin sacrifice again.

Strelok
3 months ago#39
I brainbleached most of it from my brain. Sadly, it was so bad, there is a lot of lingering residue.
WAAAAAAGH!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A