• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: konokonohamaru

konokonohamaru
6 months ago#1
Yeah I guess I could ask on the BG3 board, but I figure people still hanging around on the GameFAQs BG2 board after 20 years will have the best opinions
A very happy young man looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
6 months ago#2
I am very interested in it, but I am cautiously optimistic.
Last time i was super stoked for a game, it was Colonial Marines.
Bang, bang, bang!
Pull my deviltrigger!

User Info: Skandrae

Skandrae
6 months ago#3
It's basically not a BG game. It's just called that for marketing.

Its a Divinity game set in D&D.
Witty game-related comment.

User Info: AzeaBraxi

AzeaBraxi
6 months ago#4
Yeah, it isn't Baldur's Gate. That's never happening, but we came to terms with that a long time ago.

The devs are generally respected and have a critically acclaimed record, no reason to expect the mechanics will be less than good.

Set in the DnD universe and uses the ruleset, so that's nice (given how rarely that's happened since 3rd), though it is a different edition so both the lore and world and rules are different - great if you like fifth edition, not so great if you don't.

Should have a different name, but I'd be surprised if it isn't at the very least competent and it is really your only option for a new or modern game in Faerun. I'm not invested personally, I don't particularly like the rules and am not super fond of the lore changes through fourth and fifth edition DnD (though I am a minority), the name feels manipulative to me as there is no real link. Totally something to keep an eye on for most RPG fans though.

konokonohamaru
6 months ago#5
Ah, that sucks. I haven't been keeping up with the news but I didn't know it was gonna be like D:OS. I didn't like D:OS2 that much because I didn't really like the leveling system of their philosophy of leveled and randomized loot. Oh well, maybe BG3 will be better since it uses the D&D ruleset

User Info: red255

red255
6 months ago#6
theres no point in keeping up with the news, the only reliable news will be 2 weeks after the game is released.

its a new DnD PC game in 5th edition.

they appear to be trying their best on it. Due to the level of cutscenes they showed at the thing, I expect it will be comparatively short.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: garan

garan
6 months ago#7
Skandrae posted...
It's basically not a BG game. It's just called that for marketing.

Its a Divinity game set in D&D.

That. I don't particularly care about it.

User Info: lordofmud

lordofmud
6 months ago#8
The other thing that is terrible is that only the first third of the game is being released.

This is early access. Now, Larian isn't going to take the money and run. I NEVER buy anything early access.

I will be interested in the reviews but honestly have more interest in Cyberpunk.

If they adhere strongly to the source material of AD&D I'll buy it when the full game hits.
I know, indeed, the evil of that I purpose; but my inclination gets the better of my judgment. - Euripides
(message deleted)

konokonohamaru
6 months ago#10
lordofmud posted...
The other thing that is terrible is that only the first third of the game is being released.

This is early access. Now, Larian isn't going to take the money and run. I NEVER buy anything early access.

I will be interested in the reviews but honestly have more interest in Cyberpunk.

If they adhere strongly to the source material of AD&D I'll buy it when the full game hits.

Didn't know it was only first third. I don't mind early access but don't try to sell it at full price!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A