• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. How well do EE companions interact with old ones?

User Info: Theysaidit

Theysaidit
1 year ago#1
Do new companions in the EE have good banter with base game ones, or do they mainly interact with each other and the protagonist?

User Info: ComfortablySad

ComfortablySad
1 year ago#2
Can't say I remember the EE companions interacting with the classic companions at all.
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.

Theysaidit
1 year ago#3
I started a game with all the EE companions and Korgan. During this game Korgan interjected during Dorn's quest line like 2 times. I have finished all their quest lines and remember almost no interaction with Korgan maybe 1 time not in the Dorn quest line.

They are also not really interacting with each other much. I completed all side quest prior to Spell hold and just arrived there, so I would have expected some more interaction. That said I only like Neera so maybe that's a good thing.

User Info: EchoBaz

EchoBaz
1 year ago#4
Dorn interacted with my companions a LOT IIRC

Neera interacted a lot too IIRC

It probably depends on the companions.
FC: SW-3046-2401-0737
Add me, esppecially if you like SNES, Warframe, and Super Mario Maker 2.

User Info: red255

red255
1 year ago#5
as I recall its just text and no voice for their dialogs which makes it a lot less memorable.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

Theysaidit
1 year ago#6
The lack of voice hurts but a lot of text lacks voice in this game so it is not too bad. I currently have only seen 1 banter between my 4 EE companions and Korgan. That was between Korgan and Dorn. I am at 2 million exp in the under dark so while yes I only have one non EE companion my EE companions are not stopping for banter much at all, even with each other either. They will sometimes interject at story points and talk to each other there though.

I guess overall I am a little disappointed by the amount of banter, but I am not sure anymore how much there even was in the base game. I could just be judging by modern standards of banter, and not remembering how it was back then right.

User Info: EchoBaz

EchoBaz
1 year ago#7
Oh, and Keldorn left my party over Hexxat.
FC: SW-3046-2401-0737
Add me, esppecially if you like SNES, Warframe, and Super Mario Maker 2.

Theysaidit
1 year ago#8
Ya I think literally only one of the good people can be in a group with Hexxat and that is Minsc
(edited 1 year ago)

red255
1 year ago#9
no, Amonen and Keldorn have a thing against Vampires, but As I recall they just b**** if you only keep her around for a couple weeks. I suppose Jahiera isn't 'good' despite her organizations proud stance against slavery. and other things. she doesn't feel neutral. yeah I'm not sure I've had Hexxat and Valgar/Mazzy/Imoen in the party at the same time, they don't complain in throne of Bhaal. when I slot her for her quest.

Jahiera complains about Dorn Joining but she other wise is fine with him from what I recall. I finished Dorn's quest line in BG1:EE and he has a line with Kagain. its not voiced, oddly silent line. but yeah I seem to recall some unvoiced banters with EE characters in BG2.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

red255
1 year ago#10
Oh and Viconcia gets really pissed off during Rasaad's Questline because Algorath is something like a high priest of Shar or something.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. How well do EE companions interact with old ones?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A