• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Using both Anomen and Keldorn?
Eventually, DUHM means Anomen won't need the gauntlets. It will also fix any THaC0 problems, as will Righteous Magic. Blade Barrier can be nasty on a frontliner. Armor of Faith will become your best level 1 spell, knocking 25% off any physical damage.

Anomen's only real flaw mechanically is missing warrior HLAs.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." -Grigori

User Info: red255

red255
4 months ago#22
That and his personality
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
Note I said mechanically.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." -Grigori

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
4 months ago#24
I thought his crippling addiction to panties and the corruption of The One Bra was also a big flaw.
https://youtu.be/2oRjIPt__gw
WAAAAAAGH!

User Info: HWMWD

HWMWD
2 months ago#25
Anomen is probably the best written NPC, his pompous attitude is hilariously voiced and of course it turns out to be a facade, his unfolding back story is captivating. Especially romancing him you have access to some real character development here.

He is also much better than Keldorn, who trades all his self-buffs for that powerful Dispel (and a handful of True Sights).
Carsomyr, with its Dispel on hit, makes that trade-off moot, while not being a significantly powerful weapon to outdamage a 2-handed combo.

So give Keldorn the gauntlets if you're using him with Carsomyr, he needs all the AC he can get where Anomen can cast DUHM and whatnot.

Note that the Purifier from WK is another pretty good paladin-only weapon and reasonably easy to get early. It's a bastard sword. You could give him a shield this way. Not usually recommended but Keldorn's damage will never be great.

Finally, potions of dexterity 18 exist and one lasts long enough to clear most dungeon areas.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Using both Anomen and Keldorn?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A