• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Problem with romance in Chapter 6. Quick respone is very appreciated.

User Info: RenegadeDrow

RenegadeDrow
11 years ago#1
*SPOILERS*

I accidentally went into the graveyard district early on in chapter 6 before the relationship between my PC and Jaheira could evolve, and Bodhi didn't take her away. Now after spending awhile messing around with SK and the lot (the romance was frozen) I've finished Jaheira's romance for SoA and got the Harper Pin.

I'm now at the point where I've finished all sidequests and am ready to face Bodhi and Jaheira is obviously still in my party. Is there anything I can do to make her get abducted? Does it affect the romance at all? For roleplaying reasons, if anything, I'd prefer if Jaheira did get stolen, even through cheating ways.

Very much appreciate any help, I've got the game alt tabbed right now and want to get one with it as soon as I can, so a quick response is obviously very much appreciated.

Listen carefully.

User Info: DarthMordechai

DarthMordechai
11 years ago#2
Have you tried getting Bodhi to kidnap her again after finishing the romance? I'm not sure when the marker is for when Bodhi kidnaps her - is it set after you leave the Underdark or there and then when you enter the Graveyard district? I'd imagine it would be there and then

An idea might be to say romance Viconia through SoA and when you get out the Underdark drop her completely, pick up Aerie and then run through her romance using the console. I'd imagine she'd still take Aerie but if the flag is set to read the romance before then it could get weird
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
I am so high I just may never come down

RenegadeDrow
11 years ago#3
After you enter the Graveyard district for the first time after Chapter 6, Bodhi initiates a talk and then is supposed to kidnap a loved one. My problem is, is that I accidentally went the Graveyard District as soon as chapter 6 began and the talk with Bodhi happened, except since my romance with Jaheira hadn't progressed far enough then, Jaheira is still in my party and was never kidnapped.

Now that I have the Harper Pin and Jaheira's romance is done for SoA, she should get taken by Bodhi, but since I already started the talk with her early on in chapter 6, she isn't here to take her when I go to the graveyard district now.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. Is there anything I can do to force Jaheira to get kidnapped? If not, does it affect the romance if she doesn't get kidnapped?
Listen carefully.

DarthMordechai
11 years ago#4
Hope that wasn't too confusing. Is there anything I can do to force Jaheira to get kidnapped? If not, does it affect the romance if she doesn't get kidnapped?

No and no

If the talk has already happened then you don't get another shot at it without loading an earlier save before the talk took place

RenegadeDrow
11 years ago#5
Cheating (SK and the Console) fixes most things in this game, but not this? Annoying.
Listen carefully.

DarthMordechai
11 years ago#6
Well, I'm sure you could make Bodhi spawn by de-activiting the Bodhi talk in SK and then spawning her at the entrance, although I'd have to ask "why?" since you were the one to screw this up, it has such a small effect on things that happen anyways so there's no real reason to be so anal about it

User Info: Latronis

Latronis
11 years ago#7
may have to change a main quest flag toooo
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
It's like the game wants you to use strategy or something to win battles... >.> - Zerkrender

RenegadeDrow
11 years ago#8
Yea. I figured it really wasn't a big deal so I just went on with the game anyway. I just didn't want it to affect the romance in ToB.

Thanks for the responses anyway.
Listen carefully.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Problem with romance in Chapter 6. Quick respone is very appreciated.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A