• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: RipRufus

RipRufus
1 year ago#1
I got through BG1 and SOD as a paladin, managed fairly well. But I’m getting WRECKED in BG2. I managed to do Nalia’s quest, it was a struggle. Now I’m in the Windspear Hills dungeon and I can’t do it. Even dropping from Core to lower isn’t helping.
Allegedly

User Info: John_Sinclair

John_Sinclair
1 year ago#2
In BG2 fighters (and paladins) seem to get weaker and weaker, because mages and other characters catch up in power.
All your base are belong to me!

User Info: BlackJackCat

BlackJackCat
1 year ago#3
Buffs really help, stuff like Defensive Harmony, Haste, and Chant can tip the odds in your favor. It also really helps to get +3 and up weapons as soon as possible because quite a few side quests are nigh impossible to do without them,or some treasures are problematic to get, such as the Elven Court Bow in the Nalia's side quest; though that is eased by the fact that right beside it is a +3 axe, and by BG2 THAC0 shouldn't be severely impacted without proficiency, though less attacks per round is a negative.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A