• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: jbergman

jbergman
1 year ago#1
I'm thinking of getting this, I played bg2 back in the day and finished it, but I was very young and I think I cheated to get better gear haha.

I'd like some advice on my party, I'm thinking of using jaheira, imoen, branwen and the rest I'm not sure of. I guess I'm stuck with jaheiras husband but another fighter seems like a good idea anyway(I'm going to be a fighter as well) but who would be some good choises for the other spots?
PSN: Bergmanj

User Info: BarneyBosco

BarneyBosco
1 year ago#2
That's the same party I went with but used the Paladin in place of the cleric. I also used the new wild mage npc. I picked an archer as my main and regretted the decision much later. I'm eventually going to play through it again and will go the evil route as it seems they have better party options. But I'll go straight fighter and dual to mage in bg2.

You'll definitely want a mage though and the new wild mage was an easy pick as dynahier comes with minsc and I didn't need him.

But using that party wasn't to difficult. There were only 3 truly challenging encounters. There was another mage/thief that would have been awesome but to late in the game to switch mages.

With an evil party you get a 2 mages, 1 fighter, a fighter/thief and a cleric right at the start to choose from. Possibly the bard, branwen and also the wild mage, not sure who they fight with. I'm pretty sure Imoen is cool with evil people in the party as well. Whereas with the good party you have two party duos to contend with and will be using xzar and his buddy for 6 days trying to open up the map as much as possible before they run off.
http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Ana-Ivanovic-5.jpg
PSN J_Frost77 search my PSN to join the Divinity Original Sin Community

User Info: jbergman

jbergman
1 year ago#3
thanks for the input, I would have gone with dynahier too but I didn't want minsc either. do you remember the name of the wild mage and where can recruit her?
PSN: Bergmanj

User Info: GetMagnaCarter

GetMagnaCarter
1 year ago#4
jbergman posted...
thanks for the input, I would have gone with dynahier too but I didn't want minsc either. do you remember the name of the wild mage and where can recruit her?
Neera, the wild mage, can be found in Beregost (pursued by mages)
"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did She die in vain?"

User Info: John_Sinclair

John_Sinclair
1 year ago#5
jbergman posted...
thanks for the input, I would have gone with dynahier too but I didn't want minsc either.

Simple. Send him into a house that you won't go in for the rest of the game. Kick him out of the party. He cannot talk to you, and Dynaheir will stay. Or send him into battle with no weapons and armor and get him killed.
All your base are belong to me!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A