• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. About the final boss fight. *Spoilers aplenty inside*

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
1 year ago#1
What exactly is your strategy against Sarevok?

His mooks can be dealt with easily enough, more so because you can actually pull them away from Sarevok, but my melee characters just take a beating from him even when they're rocking -7 AC. And I'm only playing on Core difficulty.

My party was a RNG, Khalid, Jaheira, Coran, Neera and Imoen (Thief/Mage). After my three melee characters got mowed down to red HP pretty quickly I just resorted to kiting him around and killed him with ranged attacks and magic. Is there a strategy where you can actually melee him to death? I didn't have a Cleric with me to give me some buffs.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Tanthalas posted...
I didn't have a Cleric with me to give me some buffs.

That's the first problem right there.
My question is what spells were Neera and Imoen using?
Without their dreams men would have fallen upon and devoured one another long ago, and yet every dream is an illusion, and every illusion is a lie.

Tanthalas
1 year ago#3
Haste, a couple of Fireballs at the beginning and then Magic Missile was actually doing some nice damage.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
So, you might want to pack greater malison and slow. If you're lucky you can catch him with blind. Summoning fodder isn't nearly as effective as it was in vanilla.

Improved invisibility is nice due to the -4 AC bonus.

Make sure your warriors have chugged some incredibly strong potions (giant strength, invulnerability, etc.)

Depending on when you dual classed Imoen, you could give her the staff of striking and potions of invisibility and let her go ham with backstabs.
Without their dreams men would have fallen upon and devoured one another long ago, and yet every dream is an illusion, and every illusion is a lie.

Tanthalas
1 year ago#5
Ah thanks for the tips.

I'll try it after I do Durlag's tower and the rest of the TotSC content.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. About the final boss fight. *Spoilers aplenty inside*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A