• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. Finished the last chapter of BGEE two days ago...

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
1 year ago#1
I actually still need to do the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion content since I wasn't expecting to get instantly teleported to the Siege of Dragonspear expansion after defeating the final boss, I'm used to the BGT mod.

But there's one thing that I really want to say. They did a fantastic job in porting the game to console. Throughtout the whole game I only had one major bug (game crashed during saving and somehow deleted some of my saves) and another bug where NPCs in the last chapter that were supposed to be gone left their gear behind on the floor.

Sure, I do think that controlling the game with a mouse is better, but using a controller still worked great. The only thing I think they could have done better was group selection. They should have let us use cursor like on a mouse to select an area.

This just goes to show that people claiming a game like this couldn't work with a controller were just full of crap. Can't wait to get back to this to complete the rest of the BGEE content and move to SoD.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: BENDMMAFAN

BENDMMAFAN
1 year ago#2
Yeah, they did an almost perfect job making this very playable. One small thing I would like changed is the hotbar, when you get to one side it should bring you back to the other end, instead of having to press right 8 times to get to class abilities for example.
This signature is private, DO NOT READ!
PSN- emanresu84

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
1 year ago#3
BENDMMAFAN posted...
One small thing I would like changed is the hotbar, when you get to one side it should bring you back to the other end, instead of having to press right 8 times to get to class abilities for example.
Oh yeah, you're right about this. Same thing happens when going through a shop's inventory I think.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: Falthin

Falthin
1 year ago#4
I've had a few bugs throughout BG1, siege ( got diddled out of a +3 weapon right at the end when you need one to kill the last boss ) and now BG2. The game has just crashed during a save and wiped out the entire firekraag's dungeon progress.

The autosaves are uselessly infrequent.
I'm lucky I keep a back up save at the start of each area or I would be starting again from wherever my cloud save is at.
But on the whole, considering the play time it's been pretty good and has brought back all sorts of memories of the originals.
I didn't touch the Neera npc in BG1 as she was too unpredictable to put up with , but now in BG2 she can wear a robe to reduce the surge crap and she's a fun character to bring along.

I'd forgotten how invasive the Jaheira plot was in BG2 but it's too late now.

I do sort of wish you could NG+ BG2 like you can with BG1 and start with all the equipment you've earned during the game but I guess I'll just have to make the most of this playthrough.

1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. Finished the last chapter of BGEE two days ago...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A