• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. Top limit for stat rolls at character creation?

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
1 year ago#1
It's clear that the game has a lower limit to what you can roll at character creation (you never get less than 75), but I wonder if there's also a hard top limit.

Theoretically, you should be able to roll a maximum of 108, yet on a Half-Elf Ranger, most of my rolls are in the 75-80 range, and the best I ever managed was 96.

On the other hand, I've seen claims of someone managing to roll 101 on an Elven Ranger, which makes sense since their minimum rolls are higher than a half-elf.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: Luolapeikko

Luolapeikko
1 year ago#2
It should be 3x6x6 (108) plus racial bonuses as per d&d rules. I don't think I've ever seen a roll go over 99 though.

User Info: grif81

grif81
1 year ago#3
I rolled a 101 or 103 on an undead hunter paladin on my switch. I can't exactly remember which it was. It was even on the 5th or 6th roll. Anyway, I wasn't sure I wanted to play a paladin. I was going to give it a try for a little bit to see how I liked it. However, I feel like not completing the trilogy with that character will be a slap in the face to the RNG gods... It would be a complete waste of an epic roll.

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
1 year ago#4
I believe it is 108. Never got more than a 96, though. On my current run I am going with a roll of 93. And I spent 45 minutes rolling to get it. But I missed a 98...

User Info: BENDMMAFAN

BENDMMAFAN
1 year ago#5
I got somewhat lucky and rolled a 93 Paladin with 18/98 str almost immediately so I took it.
This signature is private, DO NOT READ!
PSN- emanresu84
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  3. Top limit for stat rolls at character creation?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A