• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crystalis
  3. oh my God, that is so incredibly cheesy...

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
11 years ago#1
After playing the hell out of the NES version, I finally got a copy of the GBC version.
So far, it's actually (and surprisingly) not too bad.
My only major problem is how they butchered the plot, giving away a lot of things right from the start (who you really are, who Mesia is, who Draygon aka "Dragonia" is, etc) as well as completely changing the role of the Floating Tower.

Anyways, those issues aside, the game plays about as well as you might expect from an NES to GBC port, and a few of the tweaks given to the backgrounds (especially the caves) are nice. The sprites, however really, really could've used more work.

The music (so far) is entirely changed from the NES game. It's actually a bit more intense, so it's not too bad. I still prefer the feel of the original, of course. Now comes the cheesy part mentioned in the title... they included a synthesized voice that says the name of the sword when you get one. I nearly fell out of my bunk in disbelief when I heard that.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm currently at Portoa. I have the "SWORD UFF WAH-TER!" and am about to go get the Fog Lamp.
  1. Boards
  2. Crystalis
  3. oh my God, that is so incredibly cheesy...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A