• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 2: Tsumi - Innocent Sin
  3. Which decision? (spoilers)

User Info: I_Hate_Fanboys9

I_Hate_Fanboys9
10 years ago#1
I just cleared the Taurus shrine and at the end I decided to tell Lisa "You make me happy", was that the best choice? What would happen if I choose Maya?
This is my unoriginal signature.

User Info: GameCoder

GameCoder
10 years ago#2
If you choose Maya, then Tatsuya and Maya will become Lovers and they will get a Group Contact. It is the same with Jun eventhough he's a guy... if you know what I mean.
"That's my line! You self-centered psycho!" - Hyoma (Chaos Wars)

User Info: PirateSwordsman

PirateSwordsman
10 years ago#3
MAYA: You become lovers with Maya, and your contact becomes "Lovers."
LISA: Same, but with Lisa.
JUN: Same but with Jun. Actually makes the most sense, if you think about it. The pairing, I mean.
EIKICHI: Nothing happens, no contacts are altered, which means you keep the "Unrequited Love" contact with Lisa. No way in hell this pairing would make sense.
"Karma is just points for buying moderations, anyways."
~STRatoSTRafe

User Info: I_Hate_Fanboys9

I_Hate_Fanboys9
10 years ago#4
Is any of them canon? o.o
And that Jun's a shrewd one, he is.
This is my unoriginal signature.

PirateSwordsman
10 years ago#5
I don't think there's any canon one, no. But Lisa is way too obsessive, and Maya's more of a "big sister"-ish person to him. And he and Jun are two sides of the same coin. They're so close that Jun can tell how Tatsuya's Persona is feeling.
~STRatoSTRafe

User Info: zeik56

zeik56
10 years ago#6
I've always thought Maya was the most logical choice. Between the events of IS and EP they seem like the most likely couple. Jun and Lisa obviously love Tatsuya, but those feelings always seemed more one sided.
Such a sweet smell, Rubedo...
The smell of rage evaporating off your body. Sure you don't suffer from excessive norepinephrine?

PirateSwordsman
10 years ago#7
Well, if you don't pick Jun/Lisa in IS, of course it's going to be one-sided.

As for Maya...

Q: Are his feelings towards Maya love?
A: In a way, yes. Maya was Tatsuya's first love, but even so, because it happened when he was 8 years old, his feelings were more like the admiration of an older sister. Normally, time would pass and that would develop into feelings of romantic love towards other women, but in Tatsuya's case, that first love was a big sister figure that he couldn't protect, so those feelings towards Maya still trail on. Therefore, while he has special feelings for Maya, he doesn't look at her as an eligible woman. Specifically, he probably decided on his own that it would be disrespectful to date her. My feeling is that it is the most important for him to see her smiling happily nearby.

===

You can pair Tatsuya up with either Lisa, Maya, or Jun. You know who I'd pick, I'm sure. ^_~ Contrary to popular belief, however, he and Maya don't act particularly romantic towards each other unless you force them to (by having him comfort her and then confessing your love at the Taurus Shrine). I'd say that 99% of the time, Maya acts like the group's older sister, not like someone who's desperately in love with Tatsuya and who wants to screw him. Not at all. Lisa and Jun will always be in love with Tatsuya no matter who you pair him with, but Maya...no.

As for Jun...

Maya likes to call Jun and Tatsuya doppelgangers. She explains that although they don't look alike, but their differences draw them together irrevocably, like a person and their shadow. They certainly have some kind of close relationship; Jun can even sense how Tatsuya's persona is feeling, not just his own. (And that's very unusual.)

Actually, if you think about it, Jun and Tatsuya are pretty similar in personality, once you strip away the girly-girly femme things that Jun does. They're both quiet and introverted and detached and cool towards most people. The difference, I think, is that Jun actually is concerned with what people think of him; he's worried that people will hate him for what he did as the Joker. Tatsuya doesn't seem to care one way or the other. Those two share a kind of wordless understanding of each other; Tatsuya can go "......" and Jun will say, "Of course, I know." The demons seem to find this interesting, especially the beast ones.

http://www.chthonian.net/persona/tsumi/
http://www.chthonian.net/persona/batsu/
~STRatoSTRafe

zeik56
10 years ago#8
Well that's really just one persona's interpretation. I agree with some of it, but I do think there's is an underlying level of romance between Tatsuya and Maya shown over the course of IS and EP that's deeper than just a brother/sister/friend kind of thing, or that which is chosen by the player. Obviously neither of them are anywhere near as open about their feelings as Lisa or even Jun, but it's there all the same.

As for Tatsuya and Jun's relationship, I do think they have a very strong and deep connection with eachother, but I don't necessarily think it's a romantic one. It's one of those relationships that's deeper than a romantic relationship.
The smell of rage evaporating off your body. Sure you don't suffer from excessive norepinephrine?

zeik56
10 years ago#9
Granted for the Maya/Tatsuya relationship it's generally more apparent in EP.

User Info: TranslatorTom

TranslatorTom
10 years ago#10
My personal feelings:

Xibalba makes thoughts reality... Lisa thought that Tatsuya loved her, so that became the reality.

But what if you refuse her in Xibalba...?

Even if you refuse her at that scene, in the end - Tatsuya blushes when she kisses him...

People are free to judge the scene however they'd like, but this is my interpretation.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 2: Tsumi - Innocent Sin
  3. Which decision? (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived