• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
  3. Fan Translation of the PSP version being developed

User Info: Carryduffp

Carryduffp
6 years ago#1
http://www.tradukosoft.info/post/97790891230/persona-2-eternal-punishment-announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmLCv4pksqA

I have yet to play EP and haven't got round to making an American PSN account but this really excites me, especially since it was the PSP version of Innocent Sin I played. I have never played a fan translation though so I don't know how it works etc.

Great news though, right!?

User Info: Whippet_basic

Whippet_basic
6 years ago#2
Well I played a fan translation of Front Mission 5 some time back. I needed the original disc it came on and I applied a patch to it (or probably an ISO of it) then burnt that back to disc and played it (on a modchipped console).

I'm not quite sure how this will work since it's a PSP game and I'm not sure if you can played "homebrew" games on a PSP.

I played through the PSP version of Innocent Sin a few months and I'm currently working through the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment (I needed to make a US account to get it though). I'm not sure how thrilled to be about this remake since I don't know if/when I'll get around to playing it a second time.

It would be nice if I could play the remake on a PS3 or Vita TV though since it's a lot easier to use a proper controller. I played Innocent Sin using a TV adapter.

User Info: DarkLink978

DarkLink978
6 years ago#3
It'll most likely just be a patch that you apply to an ISO. You'll need CFW to play it.
I like games.
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)

Carryduffp
6 years ago#4
DarkLink978 posted...
It'll most likely just be a patch that you apply to an ISO. You'll need CFW to play it.

I haven't really had experience with it, are you allowed to discuss it on gamefaqs?

Regardless, would they provide a download for the ISO or would I need to find that elsewhere? Is there a way for Sony to tell you have used CFW on your psp? I have a psp I haven't used in years that I could put it on but I've used my PSN id on it before.

DarkLink978
6 years ago#5
Carryduffp posted...
DarkLink978 posted...

I haven't really had experience with it, are you allowed to discuss it on gamefaqs?

Regardless, would they provide a download for the ISO or would I need to find that elsewhere? Is there a way for Sony to tell you have used CFW on your psp? I have a psp I haven't used in years that I could put it on but I've used my PSN id on it before.

You'll have to make an ISO from an actual copy of the game, there's tutorials on how to do it. As for PSN, I wouldn't connect online because your system could probably get bricked.
I like games.

Carryduffp
6 years ago#6
DarkLink978 posted...
Carryduffp posted...
DarkLink978 posted...

You'll have to make an ISO from an actual copy of the game, there's tutorials on how to do it. As for PSN, I wouldn't connect online because your system could probably get bricked.

Ok, I'll look into it. Are you able to turn off your PSP or do you need to keep it on at all times?

DarkLink978
6 years ago#7
Carryduffp posted...
DarkLink978 posted...
Carryduffp posted...
DarkLink978 posted...

Ok, I'll look into it. Are you able to turn off your PSP or do you need to keep it on at all times?

You can choose whether it stays or not when you install it. If not, then every time you turn the system on you have to go to game and choose fast recovery to bring it back. 6.60 pro-b10 is what I use. You may need a PSP 3000 to use that though, I'm not sure.
I like games.

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
6 years ago#8
it probably works the same way you can run emulators on psp (homebrew) it´s pretty easy
Megami Tensei comic >>>>http://masteroftartarus.imgur.com/
NEW!! EPISODE 4 GOD TIER

User Info: BiTronic

BiTronic
6 years ago#9
Note though making an ISO out of a UMD is (apparently) illegal if you're in the US (since said law is as far as I can tell an American law) and its not for archival purposes.

Just pointing it out there so no one gets modded or something.
mabababa?

User Info: tathra

tathra
6 years ago#10
BiTronic posted...
Note though making an ISO out of a UMD is (apparently) illegal if you're in the US (since said law is as far as I can tell an American law) and its not for archival purposes.

Just pointing it out there so no one gets modded or something.

format shifting and making a backup copy of content you own (ripping your own disks) is fair use under copyright law. distributing them is not, but ripping them is.
3ds fc - 3625-8580-9519 - Official Trader's Guild member
TSV - 1940 - Poison Safari (Garbodor, Seviper, Toxicroak) - Free Pokerus, Happy Hour Smeargles
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
  3. Fan Translation of the PSP version being developed
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A